Findings combines the best of a research assistant and a lab notebook. No more paper! Your research notes are always with you and always up to date, be it on the field, at your desk, at the bench, or at a conference. Findings helps you browse your results, reproduce crucial experiments, and assemble and publish your discoveries. Findings for Mac is even more powerful when used in combination with Findings for iOS (free companion app).
ENTRIES. All your experiments, research notes and meeting notes are in one place. See what you have planned for today and this week. You can follow your progress, edit your experiment conditions, and never forget a step. Findings lets you organize your entries based on status, or into collections for research projects, collaborations, reports,... All in one place, easy to browse and search, always saved.
ATTACHMENTS. With Findings, your research files are right where they belong, within the corresponding entry, copied in your library: no more accidental deletion, no more editing of the wrong file, no more cloud incantation. Any file can be an attachment: image, spreadsheet, ruby script, molecule structure, etc. Preview with QuickLook, show in the Finder or edit in your favorite application. Findings also has built-in tables for quick data entry.
JOURNAL. Based on all your entries, Findings generates a lab notebook automatically, in PDF format, that you can directly access from the app or your disk. Your research journal literally prints itself out! And if you need more control, you can just as easily print the entries of your choice, for the dates of your choice.
PROTOCOLS. Procedures, processes, recipes, guides... They have a special place in Findings, where you can browse, edit, organize and share them with others in the lab, or with the rest of the world. When you add a protocol to an experiment, a copy is made, so you can modify it without affecting the original.
SHARING AND COLLABORATING. Your research should not be in a silo. Findings can easily export any subset or all of your experiments and protocols to PDF, with all the attachments neatly arranged in folders. With our smart export/import features, you can also collaborate directly with Findings, and choose what to share, when and with whom.
SYNC. Automatically sync to Dropbox to shar your Findings documents on all your devices. Unlike most electronic lab notebooks (ELN), your data remains under your control. Experiments and protocols are stored in an open-source format (PARStore) and are always with you, even when offline.
Findings 2.1 brings new ways to visualize your research notes and protocols:
- Collection colors. Findings offers several pre-defined colors you can apply to a collection. Any entry or protocol in that collection will then be displayed with that color.
- Dark Mode. The entire appearance of the application can be switched to light or dark mode, or simply follow the system preference. Best of all, the feature is available on all system versions. When supported by the operating system, Findings will also use the system accent color.
- Sticky colors have been improved to stand out, yet be more legible and easy on the eyes.
- Entries with active content for the current day now stand out thanks to a prominent 'TODAY' badge.
- And many other small improvements to improve the user experience.
We also fixed a number of bugs and issues:
- Correct formatting of date intervals, for users who set a custom date format in the system preferences.
- Wrong sorting of entries by date.
- Contextual menu for the entry list now properly triggered by control-click.
- Issue when typing using a keyboard input source (e.g. Japanese, Korean, accents, etc).
- Select the 'Timers' item in the sidebar when creating a new timer, so that the new timer is actually visible.
- Properly locks title and summary fields based on status (not just the body of the document).
- Properly locks experiments marked as completed in Findings 1.
- Clicking on newly created attachment was wrongly and confusingly invoking the open file dialog.
- Crash when navigating the entries very quickly.
- Crash with import of some Word documents.
The complete release notes are available from the Help menu.
Enjoy and make sure you rate the app and tell us what you think!
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
- Nucleobytes BV
- 25.6 MB
OS X 10.11 oder neuer, 64-Bit-Prozessor
- Mindestalter zum Laden dieses Programms: 17 Jahre
- Unbeschränkter Zugang zum Web
- © 2014-2018 Findings Software SAS
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.