Where are my fish, my meat and my other food products coming from?
With the fTRACE app you can trace back your food products on batch level. This way you learn already during the shopping where the product is coming from and how it was processed. Additionally, you find information about quality and recipes tips. The key to these information is the QR code or the fTRACE Data Matrix code that you find on the packaging."
Functionalities of the App
- scans QR or fTRACE Data Matrix Code
- provides data of processing (e.g. catching area, catching method, date of processing, slaughtering, packaging, etc.)
- informs about the production process
- voluntary information of the producers: Quality assurance, insights into animal husbandry or harvest, tips for recipes
Many products display its country of origin on the packaging. However, consumers often wish for more transparent and trustworthy information. For example, from which producers a product is coming from, if the quality is checked on a regular basis or how the products has been processed.
fTRACE is a service with which you receive traceability information directly from the producer. Products that have an fTRACE code can be traced back on batch-level. A batch is the quantity of a product that has been produced at the same time in the same location.
Chosen manufacturers open house and farm for you with pictures and videos. This way you learn how fruits and vegetables are harvested, animals are kept and in which oceans or lakes fishes are caught.
In addition, many producers offer voluntary information in fTRACE that exceed legal requirements - e.g. about quality control. But also information such as allergens, nutritions and recipe tips may be communicated.
Who is behind fTRACE?
The information that are available via fTRACE are provided directly from the manufacturer. You may find a current overview of the manufacturers that mark their products with an fTRACE code on the fTRACE website (www.ftrace.com). The platform is operated by fTRACE GmbH, a 100% daughter company of GS1 Germany. The parent company GS1 Germany is especially known for the EAN-code. The standards and processes of GS1 Germany facilitate the batch-based traceability via fTRACE. You may find further information about GS1 Germany on its website (www.gs1-germany.de).
We will be happy to answer any of your questions on our website www.ftrace.com under the tab" contact". If there are questions about products please get in touch with the producer or retailer of the brand product directly.
- Redesign of the application
- Enhanced barcode scanner, now also scans all common QR Codes in the market next to the Data Matrix
Ratings and Reviews
Guter Anfang, geht in die richtige Richtung
Als Verbraucher möchte ich aber deutlich mehr Informationen bekommen. Gerne Informationen, z.B. welche Futtermittel, Dünger oder Medikamente eingesetzt wurden. Ich als Verbraucher würde dann mein Kaufverhalten ändern. Versprochen!
Gute App die funktioniert!
Gute App, die auch funktioniert. Wichtig ist, dass man Produkte scannt, die auch eine entsprechenden QR-Code besitzen. Ich würde mir wünschen, dass es mehr Produkte gibt, die man scannen kann.
Kann mehr EAN Codes als nur QR Codes lesen
Einfache und gute App, die nicht nur QR Codes lesen kann. Interessante Informationen zu Fisch und Fleisch.
- GS1 Germany GmbH
- 3.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © GS1 Germany GmbH
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.