Öffnen Sie iTunes, um Apps zu kaufen und zu laden.
iSinglePayer gives you a direct line to your congressperson so you can ask for effective health care reform in the United States of America. Let the 17,000 M.D.s at Physicians for a National Health Program explain the benefits of national, not-for-profit insurance:
"The U.S. spends twice as much as other industrialized nations on health care, $7,129 per capita. Yet our system performs poorly in comparison and still leaves 45.7 million without health coverage and millions more inadequately covered.
"This is because private insurance bureaucracy and paperwork consume one-third (31 percent) of every health care dollar. Streamlining payment through a single nonprofit payer would save more than $400 billion per year, enough to provide comprehensive, high-quality coverage for all Americans."
-- Physicians for a National Health Program
Let us be CLEAR: We are paying TWICE what other countries pay for health care, and still 45 million+ are uninsured. That's right, we are paying 140% more than the U.K., where every single citizen can visit any doctor, hospital, or clinic without dealing with any insurance bureaucracy!
iSinglePayer packs in the following features.
* Use GPS to automatically determine your local congressional district and state.
* Call your local member of congress, or any member of congress, without looking up any phone numbers.
* See how much money each member of Congress has accepted from the health insurance industry.
* View a slide show with facts about single-payer.
* Find the key players in the healthcare debate (e.g. Max Baucus) QUICKLY--they are listed right below your local congressperson. Call who counts!
Do not hesitate to download! The more calls and downloads, the better our chances of an effective health care system in this country.
Whether or not you are sure Single-Payer is the best reform, this app has information for YOU. Make sure you weigh in with your congressperson.
Don't let K-Street, Big Pharma, and Big Insurance swindle us out of health care again. Get iSinglePayer now!
Credits: Thanks to opensecrets.org for the data on campaign contributions and the Sunlight Foundation for congressional metadata. Thanks to singlepayercentral.com, Physicians for a National Health Program, and others for consulting on the app. Also, thanks to M. domestica for the doubleplusgood cellular app platform.
*** Get this "politically charged" app mentioned in Wired, Endadget, and the Daily Kos. ***
* GPS district location done locally on the phone--super fast, and no internet connection required
* better looking graphics (yes, the slide-show right now is rather dinky)
* more single-payer info
* # of uninsured people in your district
- Kategorie: Gesundheit und Fitness
- Erschienen: 04.10.2009
- Version: 1.0
- Größe: 0.5 MB
- Sprache: Englisch
- Entwickler: Floatopian LLC
- © Floatopian LLC
Kompatibilität: Erfordert iOS 2.0 oder neuer. Kompatibel mit iPhone.