The application allows you to discover the World Heritage Site „Frontiers of the Roman Empire: The Upper-German Raetian Limes“ in the region of Middle Franconia with the help of your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Discover the World Heritage Site Limes in the landscape
- GPS navigation with alert
- Navigation in three Museums (LIMESEUM, Archaeological Museum Gunzenhausen, Roman Bath House Weißenburg)
- Augmented Reality: alternative access to the information
- Offline information available (75 Hotspots in Middle Franconia – video, audio, text)
The zoomable OS map data provides access to the content. Maps and content are available offline (internet connection is not mandatory). Clickable hotspots on the maps start the content on request. Numerous video and audio sequences as well as text-/picture information are provided. An integrated GPS navigation with an alert guides you to the archaeological sites. An alternative list view shows you the available content.
The Museum module provides information and guidance for three museums in Middle Franconia located on the Limes (Gunzenhausen, Ruffenhofen and Weißenburg).
The Augmented Reality module provides a different access to the information in the landscape as well as in the museums.
The application has been developed by Boundary Productions and Boundary Media KG. The Bavarian „Landesstelle für nichtstaatliche Museen in Bavaria“ was responsible for the scientific supervision of the project. The Bayerische Sparkassenstiftung provides the application for free.
- edufilm und medien Ges.mbH
- 263.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Boundary Media KG / Boundary Productions e.K.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.