Looking4Cache Lite - Geocaching App
By Looking4Cache UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Looking4Cache is a app with a wide set of functions around the fascinating hobby geocaching. With direct access to over two million geocaches on Groundspeak´s Geocaching platform you can search for a box nearly everywhere.
In seconds you can store geocaches including all informations like the last logs, the waypoints and the images to your device over the direct API access (for this please read the annotation on the bottom). Or you can import a gpx file or a pocket query. All data will be stored on your device for offline usage.
Log your founds with trackables instantly or after your trip in the app. You can upload fieldnotes to the geocaching website too. And this not only for you but also for your complete team.
To save power the GPS accuracy will be switched based on the distance to your next target.
Here a list of the key functions:
- through the Geocaching Live API
- load Pocket Queries
- import own GPX files
- GCVote integration
- add Geocaches to lists
- use a lot of filers and sorts
- swipe a cache to build lists for your next trip
- Online OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMap, MapQuest, Bing
- Online Apple Maps
- Send coordinates to other navigation apps
- for multiple users
- with a log draft
- log Travelbugs
- save logs locally
Attention: To access the geocaches you need a user on Groundspeak´s Geocaching plattform (.com). According to your membership type the amount of data is restricted. Basic Members could load 3 full cache descriptions per day and up to 6000 basic descriptions. As a Basic Member the geocache search is restricted to traditional caches. To get full access and use all functions of this app you should have a premium account.
Attention: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.4.2
This version adopts the changes of Groundspeak about timezone issues when logging geocaches. Also some of the actual bugs are fixed. I will be happy if you post a review or if you refresh your current ones.
- Adjustments to timezone improvements on geocaching.com. The logs should now appear always on the right day. So I removed the auto-correct-mode.
- If the download of a image fails (maybe because of bad cell coverage) you can start the download again.
- Image download will not be interrupted by a new geocache search.
- The selection of external navigation apps works again (iPad only)
- Trackables that you grabbed outside of L4C will have the right log types.
- Corrected the map zoom area when loading very large cache lists.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 12 June 2017
- Version: 2.4.2
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Looking4Cache UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- © 2017 Looking4Cache UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.