The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac!
MarsEdit is the best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
Free to download! Unlock a free trial in the app, purchase a full license, or continue to use the app for free to maintain an archive on your Mac and work locally with your published blog posts.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens of other systems that support standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with macOS 10.12 or higher.
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
This update fixes a couple bugs:
- Add a Photos Library usage explanation to make accessing Photos on macOS Mojave 10.14 more reliable
- Fix a bug where the Preview Window sometimes didn't update to reflect changed CSS rules in a template
Recently updated in 4.2.1:
- Dark Mode: fix text color in Crash Reporter console log display
- Support "Extended Entry" content in preview template downloader
- Restore support for dragging URLs from Safari into MarsEdit's editor
Recently updated in 4.2:
- Supports Dark Mode in macOS Mojave
- Avoids aggressively reloading the preview window after inserting an image into a post
- Restores ability for MarsEdit to launched as a login item but "hidden" in background
- Fixes a bug that could cause post content to be lost on conversion from Rich Text when a more tag is present
If you have a minute, please leave a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot.
Questions or concerns about the app? Get in touch at email@example.com. Thank you!
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
Toller Support - nützliches Programm - Kaufempfehlung!
an dieser Stelle möchte ich einfach mal Danke sagen - super engagierter Support - nützliches Produkt… was will man mehr…
Best blog editor on the Mac..
..backed by a very dedicated developer: This is definitely worth purchasing, i.e. enabling the full functionality using the new In-App purchase mechanism.
(also there’s great discounts if you’ve already purchased an earlier release of Mars Edit)
Better than most web interfaces!
Feature rich, deep application that still maintains a clear user interface.
Perfect if you deal with different blogging systems. Also works with the new Micro.blog service!
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.