myTracks - The GPS-Logger
By Dirk Stichling
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
myTracks turns your iPhone into a fully functional GPS logger. During recording, you can add waypoints to highlight important locations. The GPS tracks are stored on your iPhone and optionally in iCloud. There is no need to register or login to any internet service. Your tracks are your tracks.
You can start and stop individual GPS recordings or use the power-saving diary mode. Using this mode myTracks automatically creates a single track for each day with the most important locations.
The integrated Apple Watch app displays information about the current GPS recording. This includes the starting time, distance traveled, current, minimum and maximum elevation.
Here is an overview of the main features of myTracks:
- GPS Recording: You record GPS tracks using different time intervals accuracy settings. There is no need for an active internet connection.
- Vector Maps: The tracks are shown on vector maps based on OpenStreetMap.
- Offline Maps: myTracks provides offline maps for every country of the world. Once an offline map has been loaded to your iPhone you can zoom in to any detail of the map without an internet connection. Offline maps are available as in-app purchase.
- Track Organization: You can organize your tracks using folders, e.g. a folder for a year a folder for a holiday.
- Export and Sharing: Tracks can be exported as GPX, KML or KMZ files.
- Diary Mode: myTracks has a special recording mode called Diary Mode. Once this mode has been started myTracks creates a single track for each day. It uses a power efficient iOS feature called "major location changes". The Diary Mode can be switched on all the time without drilling down your battery.
- Search: Within myTracks you can search for addresses or special points (POIs).
- iCloud: All your tracks and the folder structure is synchronized between all your Apple device, both iOS and macOS.
- Apple Watch: myTracks for iOS contains an Apple Watch App with quick access to all major features and information of your recording.
- Track Import: GPS tracks can be imported to the track library from other apps using the GPX file format.
- myTracks is ad-free
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.0.4
- Support for Nautical Miles
- GPS coordinates for waypoints, photo points, start and end points and the current location are shown.
Leider ständig GPS-zugriff
Leider greift die App dauerhaft auf GPS zu, sogar wenn die App garnicht aktiv ist. Sonst fand ich die App immer klasse .
Aufzeichnung etc. passt soweit, aber man kann die Zusammenfassung nicht an Whatsapp senden (Kumpels z.B.). Deswegen wieder entfernt, schade.
GPS Zugriff 2017
Seit dem letzten Update ständig GPS Zugriff. Bitte ändern!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 10 August 2017
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 98.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Developer: Dirk Stichling
- © Dirk Stichling
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Extension Pack 13,49 €
- Germany1,09 €
- Italy1,09 €
- Europe9,99 €
- Austria1,09 €
- Netherlands1,09 €
- France1,09 €
- Spain1,09 €
- Poland1,09 €
- Switzerland1,09 €