SoundAr is a MacOS Application to add the ability to trigger Sound Effects like you know from Trash Empty to other Events in the System as well, It was designed to play well with the latest OSX Versions and also add some events that are either poorly supported or weren’t provided by other Applications till now.
SoundAr is running silently in background inside your Status Bar near the Clock in the top right corner and waits for your Events you have chosen. Click on the yellow SoundAr Icon and choose "Open Settings" to setup your desired Events and Sounds, that's all.
It provides support for Sounds only in its basic distribution, so you will not be able to trigger Scripts or similar on the customisable Events, you can either choose an own Sound or you can just enable an Event and SoundAr will speak to you about what happens… This might be an odd solution for front applications but there are some events that are running in background and thats a way to be notified once they happen or finish. Important Note: Whenever you choose a Sound File, keep in mind that some Events may happen often so keep every Sound as short as possible, imagine the default MacOS Sound Effects as an idea, so don’t attempt to play a 3 min Audio File whenever something happens or you will hate it after 5 minutes … There are various other Approaches for this kind of Situations but if you want a simple way to just trigger a Sound instead of messing with Stuff like Shell or Applescripts.
SoundAr allows you to create, export and import whole Sound-set, y´so after you create your Sounds/Events Setup, you can create a Soundset to make a backup or share it with others, or if you get one, simply import it into SoundAr and you are done, select it and voile!
SoundAr also has a default fallback to voice Notifications for enabled Events without a Sound assigned...
Important Note: Soundar will need to be able to read your Music and Movies Folder due iTunes Library Data, this is needed to get Informations about your Podcast Playlist Status to be able to track this Playlist for unwatched/unplayed Status changes. Unfortunately, this is how Apple wants this to work, you will not be asked or have to do anything, its just for your Knowledge.
SoundAr has now the ability to respect your "Do not disturb" Settings either by time or by manual activation, and not completely, you can specify this for each Event individually.
SoundAr also supports "Do not disturb" Settings from MacOS, you can choose which event shale aware of this Setting.
With SoundAr you can add Space change Notifications to be able to see on which Space you are.
SoundAr can now even track your Bluetooth Devices Battery Level for e.g. iOS Devices nearby and alert you if low energy reached
System wake / sleep - Sleep Event is currently suspended while the latest MacOS Versions changed the way how sleep works and shut down Audio Hardware before System sleep
Application launch / quits
Volume mount / unmount
System requests Admin Password / Security
Left Mouse clicked
Right Mouse click
Mouse drags something
Copy something to the Clipboard
Keyboard key pressed
Modifier Key pressed
Emptied the Trash
moved a File to the Trash
Download in your Browser (Safari) finished
iTunes downloaded a new Podcast
Network Cable connected / disconnected
WIFI Network connected / disconnected
USB Device was connected / disconnected
This Events require a non app Store Helper Application, you can find detailed Informations from the Product Homepage -> Extension
- SoundAr can also alert you of low Battery States for Magic Mouse, Keyboard and Trackpad and if you connect your Mouse for charging, you get a live preview of the charging state.
- Get Notifications when you connect your iOS Device via USB to your Mac
- You can also visualise Mouse clicks if desired
- huge Update to Sound-sets:
Now each sound-set has its own ON/OFF and Do not disturb Settings, you can now define various Soundset with various Settings, just for your taste and needs
If you export a Sound-set, all Settings are stored with it, very useful for backups
- Now you can choose from your own Sounds you added or choose directly one of MacOS own System Sounds, simply toggle between Modes in the Config Panel
- added a new Button to create a new Sound-set
- added Display wake or sleep events to assign a Sound to
- reenabled Sleep Event to play a Sound right before Mac goes to sleep on idle
- removed Menu Highlighted Event, not working anymore on MacOS 10.14 Mojave
- now after assigning a Sound to an Event, you can see what Sound you assigned for reference (red label belog Event Name)
- huge update to sound assignment and DnD Toggles, fixed a lot of bugs
- If you want to use DnD, please recheck xTender Extension, if you use it already, ensure you update to newest version!
- The Menubar Popover now displays only peripheral's battery state if they are connected, otherwise they are hidden.
- fixed a crash with SoundAr ToGo Panel
- if SoundAr detects that DnD mode was enabled, the Menubar Icon turns red (not working with scheduled DnD).
- many visual bug fixes and improvements to the Config Window
The new Sound-set behaviour changed the whole logic of how SoundAr assigns Sounds, old Version shall migrate without issues, but just in case, recheck them after Update (DnD Settings will reset)
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.