Speech with Milo: Verbs
von Doonan Speech Therapy
Öffnen Sie iTunes, um Apps zu kaufen und zu laden.
Created by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, “Speech with Milo: Verbs” offers a versatile and entertaining speech therapy tool for children. The app is for speech therapists working with children, or parents who want to teach language skills to their children. The app offers an enjoyable tool used in therapy at a cheap price.
“Speech with Milo: Verbs” is centered on an adorable and energetic mouse named Milo. Milo performs over 100 actions, such as “bounce,” “count,” and “play”. This provides an engaging way to build up an action word vocabulary in the child. Flash cards are typically used for this type of exercise, but the animation that comes with Milo will keep any child focused and attentive. And most important- it is fun!
The app comes with two sets of instructions- one for Speech Therapists and one for Parents. This app can be used for infants and toddlers, as well as children with language delays.
• Used in therapy for children with special needs, such as: Autism / Asperger Syndrome, Down Syndrome, developmental delays, cognitive delays, speech and language delays.
• Fun and affordable
• Milo, an animated mouse, keeps children interested and motivated to learn.
• Instructions for Speech Therapists and Parents (in English only)
• Verb is spoken as the action is completed to reinforce action with auditory input. There is an option to turn this feature off.
• Written verb is displayed at the bottom of the screen to reinforce reading skills.
• Phrase button allows child to listen to a sentence using the verb.
• Milo takes a break every once in a while with some cheese and a dance. The child gets to feed Milo some cheese and watch him dance as a reward for his/her hard work.
• You may customize the actions that Milo performs. On List of Actions from the Home Page, you can do the following: random order, alphabetical order, or select your own custom set of verbs to work on by touching the word(s) in list of actions to activate/deactivate blue button.
• Background music can be turned off if it is too distracting for the child.
Neue Funktionen von Version 1.1.1
We have added the following:
- The app will remember your settings and words selected for each use
- Buttons are color coded so you can describe to the child which button so select
- Deselect all added
- You can turn off the text
- Added a 'more Milo' link and a link to our newsletter
- 2,69 €
- Kategorie: Bildung
- Aktualisiert: 04.04.2011
- Version: 1.1.1
- Größe: 90.7 MB
- Sprache: Englisch
- Entwickler: Poorani Doonan
- © 2010 Doonan Speech Therapy, Inc.
Kompatibilität: Erfordert iOS 3.0 oder neuer. Kompatibel mit iPhone, iPad und iPod touch.