SynthMaster One iOS is the mobile version of KV331 Audio's SynthMaster One software synthesizer, which was recently voted "The Best New Synth of 2017" by MusicRadar readers.
SynthMaster One iOS is feature wise identical to the desktop version except the following:
* 16 voice polyphony (32 for the desktop version)
* Comes with 500 presets (800 for the desktop version)
SynthMaster One iOS is KV331 Audio's first full blown synth app for the iPad. It's a powerful wavetable synth with an intuitive workflow. With its simple layout, rich wavetable/waveform content and inspiring factory presets library, designing new sounds with SynthMaster One iOS is a joy.
* 500 Factory Presets: SynthMaster One iOS comes with inspiring factory presets from a world class team of sound designers: Arksun, Aiyn Zahev, BigTone Studios, Bluffmunkey, Bulent Biyikoglu, Gercek Dorman, Dejavu Sound, Nori Ubukata, Rob Lee, Ufuk Kevser, Selcuk Ergen, The Machine, Vandalism Sound, Vorpalsound and Xenos Soundworks
* AUv3: SynthMaster One iOS supports AudioUnits V3, allowing multiple instances to run under supporting DAW apps like GarageBand, Cubasis or Beat Maker. It also supports parameter automation and full screen when running inside GarageBand.
* AirDrop: Easily share your presets over AirDrop, Mail or other iOS Applications. SynthMaster One iOS presets are interchangeable with the desktop version.
* Semi-Modular Architecture: For each SynthMaster One instance, there are 2 oscillators with 2 sub oscillators, 2 Filters, 4 ADSR Envelopes, 3 LFOs, a powerful 16 step arpeggiator/sequencer and also 11 different effects that can be inserted on to 6 FX insert slots. The sub oscillators can be connected to the oscillators in 5 different modes which let you use it as a regular sub oscillator or do complex modulations such as ring modulation, amplitude modulation, phase modulation or frequency modulation.
* 16 Step Arpeggiator/Sequencer: The arpeggiator in SynthMaster One features classic arpeggiator modes such as Up, Down, UpDown, DownUp, UpDown2, DownUp2, AsPlayed as well as Sequence, Chord and Arpeggiate modes. Each of the 16 steps of the arpeggiator has its own Velocity, Note Number, Note Length, Slide and Hold parameters.
* Wavetable Synthesis: SynthMaster One implements true wavetable synthesis which opens up new possibilities for sound design. SynthMaster One comes with a rich wavetable library and you can extend that by dragging and dropping wavetable files using the Files App (requires iOS 11+)
* Stereo Oscillators with up to 16 voices Unison: Each of the 2 oscillators in SynthMaster One have stereo output, and can have up to 16 voices "unison". Using the "voices", "voices mix", "detune curve", "detune spread", "pan stread", "tone spread" and "phase spread" parameters, each oscillator can generate a rich "supersaw" type sound.
* Zero Delay Feedback Filters: All of the 4 filter categories in SynthMaster One are developed using the zero delay feedback filter technology. With advanced filter parameters like input gain, drive, acid, filter nonlinearities and up to 4 times oversampling you can get that "analog" sound from the filters!
* Rich Set of Effects: SynthMaster One features 11 different effect types: Distortion, LoFi, Ensemble, Phaser, 6 Band EQ, Compressor, Vocoder, Delay, Chorus, Tremolo, Reverb.
* Microtuning: SynthMaster One supports Scala tuning, so tuning can be set either for each preset or globally by loading from a Scala tuning file.
* Preset Browser: SynthMaster One features a comprehensive preset browser with separate search criterias for instrument type, preset attributes, music style or preset author.
* All 64-bit iPad devices
* AUv3 Audio Unit Extensions
* Note-per-channel MIDI controllers (MPE)
* Ableton Link
* Interapp Audio and AudioBus
* Bluetooth LE MIDI Controllers
* Share presets over AirDrop, Mail or other iOS applications
1. SynthMaster One does'nt release memory for unused waveforms/wavetables
2. When user changes a waveform/wavetable when a note is playing, the change is not heard until a new note is played
3. When user changes a filter type when a note is playing, the change is not heard until a new note is played
4. SynthMaster One AUv3 crashes when instantiated under Auria
5. SynthMaster One should not allow saving presets with no name
6. When a preset is saved under a folder, the folder name should be recognized as the bank name,
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
Ich nutze diese App erst seit ein paar Stunden aber kann jetzt schon sagen, dies ist der beste Synth, den ich bisher auf iOS kennengelernt habe.
Super viele sehr praktische Funktion und gleichzeitig auch noch übersichtlich – und somit sogar ein Anfängerfreundlich (das gibt es in dieser Kombination super selten).
Klingt gut, sehr flexibel, schöne Presets, toll zum Schrauben.
Top synth but bad updates and not professional
I got a lot of iOS synths (>30) but this is by fare the nicest and best sounding one. It’s so versatile - it’s all in one!
BUT: With every update BM3 and Cubasis loose the saved presets with this synths. So all older projects are destroyed. This happened the second time now and is so annoying. Such a pity!
Absolutely professional sound but bad usability inside iOS DAWs.
Thanky you for the wonderful review. Don't forget to update to v1.1.1 tomorrow when it's released, you'll be able to make the AU UI full screen inside BM3.
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.