The ultimate digital book experience from Richard Dawkins, one of the world’s greatest scientists.
No.1 book app in 27 countries, including UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, The Netherlands, Ireland and Sweden!
*WINNER of the Digital BookWorld Publishing Innovation Award for Best Non-Fiction App 2012*
*WINNER of a Best App Ever Award for Best Coffee Table Book App 2012.
*Highly Commended in 2011 Futurebook Awards Best App category*
When and how did everything begin?
What is a miracle?
What is the sun?
Why do bad things happen?
Throughout history people all over the world have invented stories to answer profound questions such as these. Have you heard the tale of how the sun hatched out of an emu's egg? Or the great catfish that carries the world on its back? These fantastical myths are fun – but what is the real answer to such questions?
The Magic of Reality for iPad is a new and groundbreaking approach to interactive books, taking us on an enthralling journey through scientific reality, and showing that it has an awe-inspiring beauty and thrilling magic which far exceeds those of the ancient myths.
Richard Dawkins and Dave McKean have created a dazzling celebration of our planet that will inspire and amaze people of all ages.
• Full text from the new hardback book The Magic of Reality, beautifully re-imagined for the iPad
• Over 250 original illustrations from world-renowned artist Dave McKean
• Unique visual navigation and intuitive gesture controls
• Exclusive audio and video from Richard Dawkins
• Over 75 stunning animations that leap from the screen to bring the ancient myths to life
• Interactive demonstrations and games that allow you to get hands on with the science:
- Create your own rainbows using prisms and light
- Journey through space to understand the vastness of our universe
- Simulate the effects of heat, pressure and gravity on different states of matter
- Travel back in time to find out what your ancient ancestors looked like
- Artificially breed frogs to escape a hungry snake
- Fire Newton’s cannon around the Earth
- And more!
Praise for The Magic of Reality for iPad:
"Richard Dawkins’ “The Magic of Reality” is a beautiful, educational iPad experience. The Magic of Reality is an educative book, which is further enhanced by its interactivity and wonderful full-colour artwork on the iPad’s large screen. If the topics dealt with here interest you, or even if you’re just a fan of the author, it’s worth a trip to the App Store."
The Next Web
"Great for kids. And for adults who have ever asked, 'Rainbows, magnets, gravity—how do they work?'"
"As a fun introduction to the big questions of science for adults and teens, it's a corking little app."
Praise for The Magic of Reality:
“I wanted to write this book but I wasn't clever enough. Now I've read it, I am.”
“It's the clearest and most beautifully written introduction to science I've ever read. Again and again I found myself saying "Oh! So that's how genes work!" (or stars, or tectonic plates, or all the other things he explains). Explanations I thought I knew were clarified; things I never understood were made clear for the first time.”
“From the first sentence it reads with the force and fluency of a classic ... a luminous, authoritative prose that transcends age differences.”
The Magic of Reality is also available as a text-only ebook from the iBookstore.
- Updated for new OS
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
awww man.... crashes constantly
I own and love the printed book and so buying this when it's on sale was a no-brainer. i thought.
but the app crashes constantly, preferably when playing with the interactive stuff (i can reproduce a crash when cooling the liquid in the "matter" chapter experiment). i'm using an ipad3 with ios 8.1 ... hoping for an update.
Great combination of good explanations, story telling and illustration.
Great contents, well illustrated. Interactive elements well used. I recommend it to anyone interested in science from about the age of twelve upwards.
Großartig, ein Erweitertes Ebook
Die App The Magic of Reality, das komplette Buch als App. Die App erweitert das Buch wunderbar und enthält großartige Illustrationen und Interaktive Inhalte. Die Darstellungen erweitern den Text und helfen das gezeigt noch besser verständlich zu machen. So eigentlich sollte die Zunkunft des eBooks aussehen, gerade bei Sachbüchern.
- Random House Group
- 812.6 MB
- Erfordert iOS 6.0 oder neuer. Kompatibel mit iPad.
- Freigabe 9+ für Folgendes:
- Selten/schwach ausgeprägt: Zeichentrick- oder Fantasy-Gewalt
- © 2011 Developed for Transworld Publishers by Somethin' Else
- 5,49 €
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.