Connect AirPods (or other Bluetooth headphones) to your Mac with a single click or keypress.
AirPods are great, but they don’t work quite as smoothly with Macs as they do iPhones. You can’t tell at a glance whether audio will play from the AirPods or your Mac’s built-in speaker, you have to dig into a Bluetooth submenu to connect, and then you have to go back to the menu to see when the AirPods are ready for use. ToothFairy streamlines this: just click an icon in the menu bar (or press a hotkey) to switch to the AirPods, and the icon always shows whether they’re connected.
- Works with AirPods, as well as any Bluetooth device that you can connect to your Mac: headphones, speakers, headsets, game pad controllers, keyboards, mice, etc. (HomePod is not supported, as it is not a Bluetooth audio device.)
- Click the hollow AirPods icon in the menu bar to switch to AirPods. It fills in to show they are connected and also displays a battery indicator.
- Supports multiple Bluetooth audio devices; you can choose a different icon and hotkey for each.
- Get the best audio quality. macOS will normally use the SCO codec if it thinks you’re going to use the microphone. ToothFairy can ensure that it uses the higher quality AAC codec when you only care about audio output: listening to music or video or playing a game.
- Disconnect a Bluetooth device by clicking the icon (or pressing the hotkey) again, so that you can switch back to your phone. AirPods and Beats devices with an Apple W1 chip do not need to be manually disconnected, and you can set them to avoid accidental disconnections when pressing the hotkey multiple times.
- ToothFairy automatically launches at login, so it’s always there when you need it.
- Optionally hide the Dock icon so it only appears in the menu bar. With the Dock icon hidden, you can right-click (or Control-click) the menu bar icon to access the settings.
- Run a shell script when the AirPods are connected or disconnected, for example to notify you or to launch or quit another app.
- Use with your Magic Mouse or Magic Keyboard to make sure the battery level doesn’t get too low, or to quickly reconnect them after charging or if they get disconnected.
Note: ToothFairy works with devices that can be connected via the macOS Bluetooth menu. Please make sure the devices you want to connect have been paired to the system correctly before using them with ToothFairy.
- If there’s an error connecting to your Bluetooth device, ToothFairy now recommends to you how you can fix it.
- Improved the wording in various user interface text.
- Fixed a bug where the menu bar background color when clicking on the menu didn’t match the accent color on macOS 10.14 or the Graphite appearance on earlier versions.
- Added the “Why isn’t my device connecting?” and “Why do I see the Dock icon even after hiding it?” sections of the manual.
- Added accessibility descriptions in the **Preferences** window.
- Improved the diagnostic report.
- Error logging now includes more information about the error and the device it’s related to.
If you enjoy using ToothFairy, please take a minute to rate it or leave a review. We’d really appreciate it.
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
Verstehe den Nutzen nicht
für mich hat es nichts gemacht, was ich mit dem Standard-Betriebssystem nicht hätte machen können
just does what it needs to do
Very easy, very solid, very responsive, and I love to see the battery status on my airpods!
If there’s one thing I would want to request, it’s to also be able to switch audio output using some of these amazing icons - I switch regularly between Mac Output, a USB DAC and bluetooth headphones, so to have another icon to click on to output to my DAC would be amazing :-)
Einfacher könnte es nicht sein.
Die Funktion, nur die Audioausgabe, nicht aber die Eingabe auf die AirPods zu wechseln hat mir besonders gut gefallen!
- C-Command Software, LLC
- 5.4 MB
- OS X 10.11 oder neuer, 64-Bit-Prozessor
- Deutsch, Englisch, Italienisch, Japanisch, Vereinf. Chinesisch
- Kennzeichnung: 4+
- © 2018 C-Command Software
- 3,49 €
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.