In this course, you'll learn to develop mobile applications for Apple's iOS devices: iPhone and iPad.
Apple's designed its mobile iOS operating system and its SDK from scratch. The iOS SDK follows many modern software development patterns, making it an ideal subject to learn how to design such SDKs today. Smartphones and tablets are also very interesting devices from an HCI perspective. The user interface has to deal with multitouch interaction, which presents new challenges to the software architecture, e.g., in event handling. With their rich sets of sensors, iOS devices also allow for input far beyond mouse and keyboard. Finally, both the iPhone and the iPad have simply become "in"-devices since their introduction. Didn't you ever want to show your own app to your friends on your iPhone?
- At the end of the course you will be able to implement full iOS apps
- You will know Swift: syntax, concepts, and how to use it correctly. Swift can be used to program iOS, macOS, watchOs, and tvOS
- You will be able to design your apps to look and feel according to Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Your implementation will follow the recommended design strategies: MVC, delegation, target-action
- You will be able to use the most important frameworks in Cocoa Touch (UIKit, Foundation, SpriteKit, MapKit, AVFoundation, etc.) and can easily learn more!
- Your will know how to make your apps interactive: animations, multimedia, graphics, sensors, etc