Nowadays there is widespread use of simple games as a positive distraction from everyday stress. HappyTap is a mobile game that gets users looking for positive triggers in a race to best their score. It has all same the benefits as other games. In addition, it can also provide psychological wellbeing and reduce mental health problems.
HappyTap is based on the CBM (Cognitive bias modification) paradigm of attention training in experimental psychology. In the game the user is tasked to "find the smile" in an array of faces with varying emotional expressions. HappyTap includes elements from games (gamification) to make the task more engaging and exciting. The task is designed to reduce attention (bias) against rejection and pessimism, and increase attention towards acceptance and optimism by turning attention to the positive stimuli through repeated exercise.
In research CBM has been found effective in reducing mental health problems such as social phobia, mild depression and generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
• Find the smile in an array of faces with varying emotional expressions in a race for the top score.
• Two game modes: Burst and Action.
• Bur score. The number of smiles you find is your score.
• Action mode: Find all smiles over 3 levels (maximum 100 seconds) in the shortest time possible. The completion time is your score.
• Designed to help you lighten your mood and fend off the blues.
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.