Hokusai is a multitrack audio editor for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Record or import a track, and make it sound the way you want it to: not just trimming the ends, but full cut, copy, paste and delete, and a suite of filters and special effects available.
"Beautiful clutter-free interface" — TouchProducer.com
"Hokusai will convince you that audio was meant to be edited with a touch screen — it's just so natural within this app that you’ll find yourself consistently coming back to it." — iOS Music And You
Edit many tracks side-by-side, mix them together, and export to Wave or MP4 format — then transfer them to your computer, send them to another app on your device, or upload to cloud services.
Hokusai is streamlined to give you a clean, clear view of your tracks. Use the familiar pinch and swipe gestures to zoom right in and fiddle with fine detail, or step back to see the big picture. Select pieces of audio. Live "scrubbing" means you can hear the sound under your fingertip as you make your adjustments. And you needn't fear a bad edit with our full undo/redo support — even after closing your project.
Hokusai comes free with a set of useful tools such as fade in/out, normalise volume levels, reverse time, and basic synthesis. If you need more power, you can upgrade from inside the app to add new tools and effects, including: Per-track volume/mute/panning, selecting across multiple tracks at once, presets and favourites, grain synthesis, noise gating, time-stretching, pitch-bending, echo, reverb, modulation (AM & FM), resonance, distortion, grunge, vocal levelling, monster voice, high/low/band-pass/notch-cut filter and more — many of which can be previewed live.
This update addresses some performance and stability issues.
In version 2.2:
New for paying customers:
• New: Play back previews of projects at different speeds
• New: Input gain control during recording (for devices which support it)
• New: Import/export effects presets (for making backups & sharing presets with others)
• New: Export Selection command now has choice of .wav or .m4a formats
• New: Commands and keyboard shortcuts to adjust the selection range to sound or silence.
• New: When changing a project’s BPM, Hokusai offers to resample or time stretch the project to the new tempo
• New: Click Track can match its BPM to the project’s
New for all users:
• New: Warns when your device is low on storage space
• New: Option to scroll the screen automatically to follow your finger when you drag the selection near the edge of the screen
• New: Option to scroll the screen automatically during playback to follow the Play Head
• New: Keyboard shortcut to jump to Play Head
• New: Sort projects by name or size (as well as the original, sort by date)
• Accessibility: “Magic Tap” gesture to play/pause audio playback
• Improved some visual elements, including alerts and menus
• Various other small fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Does the work !
Nice and simple. Great app.
Great idea, but...
It sure does tend to crash alot. Remember to save your work for every applied step you make.
It would be nice to have a cancel button when rendering effects.
I bought the full version, but there still commercial buttons and text in the menues
I would rather have a punch in/out mute/solo button.
I do not meen to be a harsh critic, but the price considered for the wholo package, one would expct the above mentioned bugs to be fixed.
Fix em, and will give top for this app.
Musician and musicteacher
One of the best app's I've downloadet to my IPhone recently. Direct import to dropbox. I've missed it for so long.
- Wooji Juice Ltd
- 34.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Wooji Juice
- In-App Purchases
- Hokusai 1 Pro Pack 89,00 kr
- Hokusai 2 Pro Pack 89,00 kr
- Hokusai 2 Pro Pack (Upgrade) 45,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.