Researchers at Monash University have developed the low FODMAP diet and a corresponding app to assist in the management of gastrointestinal symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The Monash University FODMAP diet works by swapping foods high in fermentable carbohydrates (FODMAPs), with low FODMAP alternatives. Around 75% of people with IBS experience symptom relief on a low FODMAP diet.
The app comes directly from the research team at Monash and includes the following:
- General information about the FODMAP diet and IBS.
- Easy to understand tutorials to guide you through the app and the 3-Step FODMAP diet.
- A Food Guide detailing the FODMAP content for hundreds of foods using a simple 'traffic light system'.
- A list of branded products that have been certified by Monash as low FODMAP.
- A collection of over 70 nutritious, low FODMAP recipes.
- Functions that allow you to create your own shopping list and add notes to individual foods
- A Diary that enables you to record food eaten, IBS symptoms, bowel habits and stress levels. The Diary will also guide you through step 2 of the diet - FODMAP reintroduction.
- The ability to adjust units of measurement (metric or imperial) and activate colour blindness assistance.
- Spanish version
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Gør det nemt at følge FODMAP-diæten.
God database, som er nem at søge i når man står i butikken og skal tjekke maden.
Missing a lot of food items
I don't find the app very helpful since a lot of food items are not mentioned. E.g. a lot of different kinds of beans (are green/black canned ones ok?), baking powder (should it be gluten free?), different kinds of flour (can I use millet flour?) and there are not that many recipes, especially not if you are vegan. Considering this I think this app is way too expensive.
Rigtig god og smart app
Inklusiv de nyeste resultater fra forskning
- Monash University
- 211 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2012 Monash University
- 69,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.