OS X Mavericks
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
With more than 200 new features, OS X Mavericks brings Maps and iBooks to the Mac, introduces Finder Tabs and Tags, enhances multi-display support and includes an all-new version of Safari. The latest release of OS X also adds new core technologies that deliver breakthrough power efficiency and responsiveness.
• Download and read books from the iBooks Store.
• Pick up where you left off. iCloud keeps your current page up to date across all your devices.
• Swipe through Multi-Touch books with interactive features, diagrams, photos, videos and more.
• Keep multiple books open while using other apps — great for writing an essay or doing research.
• Send directions from your Mac to your iPhone and use voice navigation when you’re on the go.
• Explore selected cities in stunning, photo-realistic 3D with Flyover.
• See detailed directions, real-time traffic and alternative routes.
• Find restaurants, shops and other places of interest with local search in Maps.
• Create new events in a snap with the new, streamlined event inspector.
• Enter event locations fast with address auto-completion.
• Add walking or driving travel time to your event so you know when to leave.
• See a map of your event’s location, as well as the weather forecast for that day.
• See holidays and Facebook events in Calendar.
• Use Shared Links to discover new, interesting links posted by people you follow on Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Browse longer thanks to new core technologies that boost energy efficiency.
• Easily access your bookmarks, Reading List and Shared Links in the new Sidebar.
• Protect your online privacy with new tracking-prevention features.
• Don’t worry about remembering passwords — iCloud Keychain fills them in so you don’t have to.
• Keep your website passwords, credit card numbers and Wi-Fi passwords up to date across your trusted devices. Robust 256-bit AES encryption helps keep your information safe.
• Sign in once to all your mail, contacts, calendar and other Internet accounts, and iCloud pushes them to all your Mac computers.
• Just plug in a second display to use it with your Mac — no configuration required.
• Access the Dock and the menu bars on each display.
• Use full-screen apps on any or all of your displays.
•Use your HDTV as a second display with Apple TV.
• Reply to mail or messages straight from a notification, without having to leave the app you’re using.
• Receive notifications for incoming FaceTime calls and reply with an iMessage or set a call-back reminder.
• Receive notifications from websites, even when Safari isn’t running.
• De-clutter your desktop by consolidating multiple Finder windows into one.
• Move files between your tabs by simply dragging and dropping them.
• Select a custom view — icon, list or column — for each of your tabs.
• Use tabs with full-screen Finder to organise and access all your files and folders.
• Organise files with tags no matter where they’re located — in iCloud or on your Mac.
• Give a document as many tags as you want.
• Click a tag in the Finder sidebar to see all the files with that tag.
• With energy-saving core technologies in OS X Mavericks, you can surf the web longer on a single charge.
• Watching iTunes HD video is now more efficient, so you can watch more video when you’re not plugged in.
• App Nap regulates applications you’re not using so they consume less energy.
iCloud Keychain on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch requires iOS 7.0.3.
Multiple Display with Apple TV and an HDTV works with Apple TV (2nd generation or newer), iMac (mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Pro (early 2011 or newer) and Mac Pro (late 2013).
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply.
What's New in Version 10.9.2
The 10.9.2 contains improvements to the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.
This update includes the following:
• The ability to make and receive FaceTime audio calls
• Call waiting support for FaceTime audio and video calls
• The ability to block incoming iMessages from individual senders
• Improves the Mavericks installation efficiency
• Improves the general stability and reliability of Mail
• Improved accuracy of unread counts in Mail
• A fix for an issue that prevented Mail from receiving new messages from certain providers
• Improved AutoFill compatibility in Safari
• A fix for an issue that may cause audio distortion on certain Mac models
• Improved reliability when connecting to a file server using SMB2
• A fix for an issue that may cause VPN connections to disconnect
• Improved VoiceOver navigation in Mail and Finder
• A fix for SSL connection verification
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 25 February 2014
- Version: 10.9.2
- Size: 5.30 GB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013 Apple, Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later