The Safe Delivery App aims to improve the quality of emergency obstetric and neonatal care and hereby strengthen health care workers skills and quality of care primarily in developing countries.
Currently it contains ten animated clinical instruction videos on:
1) Post abortion care
3) Active management of third stage of labor
4) Prolonged labor
5) Post partum haemorrhage
6) Manual removal of placenta
7) Maternal sepsis
8) Neonatal resuscitation
9) Newborn management
10) Infection prevention
In addition, the Safe Delivery App features push messages with quiz questions spurring the health worker to use the app to revise their knowledge, as well as easily to access drug and practical procedure lists. It also contains Action Cards to be used when there is not enough time to watch the videos.
The Safe Delivery App is developed in collaboration between Maternity Foundation, University of Copenhagen and University of Southern Denmark. The instruction videos are based on international guidelines of WHO (World Health Organization), ALSO (International Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics), FIGO (The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics), RCOG (The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists), and ACOG (The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists).
Minor bug fixes
- Maternity Foundation Fondet
- 11.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Maternity Foundation, University of Copenhagen and University of Southern Denmark
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.