By Audio Artillery
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Scale Buddy is an application for your iPhone or iPod Touch that generates tablature for any combination of instrument, key, scale, and tuning. This is handy for learning guitar scales, bass scales, mandolin scales, etc, or as reference for those of us who aren't inclined to memorization. It is primarily geared towards guitarists but also supports a variety of other stringed instruments.
The tab is laid out not for playing sequential notes but as a map of the fretboard. This is the most compact way to display the scale information and is quite convenient. Both portrait and landscape modes are supported.
Includes many common guitar tunings:
- Standard E
- Drop D
- Open G, A, D, and E
- DADDAD, DADGAD
- "New Standard Tuning" (NST)
Many popular instruments:
- guitar (6-string, 7-string, bass)
- mandolin, mandola
- banjo (open-G)
- ukulele (ukelele, uke)
- violin, viola, cello
Most common scales:
- minor (natural, harmonic, melodic)
- pentatonic (major and minor)
What's New in Version 1.0.5
This release is to appease all the banjo players out there. Keep on pickin'!
- Banjo now treats 5th string correctly (starts at 5th fret).
- Added all the banjo tunings I know of.
- Added a button on the tab view to toggle notes vs fret numbers without digging thru the options menu.
- 8,00 kr
- Category: Music
- Updated: 18 March 2009
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nathan French
- © Nathan French
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.