The Honor Roll
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Honor Roll is an annotated and expertly curated catalog of educational and family-friendly apps. It offers parents and educators an improved way to identify apps tailored to a student's specific needs.
All children learn in different ways and advances in technology (e.g. iOS devices) provide the opportunity for targeting and customizing the best way to reach each individual student. The Honor Roll does not purport to identify the best apps, it aims to assist parents and educators to discover THE BEST APPS FOR YOUR STUDENT.
The Honor Roll aims to reorganize the educational App Store into highly specific subjects and themes that improve discoverability. Using a combination of advances algorithms and human oversight, the result is a comprehensive catalog of apps.
The Honor Roll has the following features:
✏ Organized educational themes and subjects (e.g. Early Learning, Math, Science, Creative Play, Special Needs, etc.)
✏ Browse apps by screenshots (not icons)
✏ Create and maintain a wish list of your favorite apps
HOW IT WORKS
The Honor Roll is not an app review site; it is a curation service. All apps in The Honor Roll are included because they have passed criteria established by a collaborative group of educators (referred to as The Honor Roll Faculty).
The Faculty ensure that apps meet the following criteria by answering the following questions:
✏ Do the apps accomplish the educational goal stated in the description?
✏ Does the design/useability increase the opportunity for learning?
✏ Would you recommend it to the parents of your students?
To learn more about The Honor Roll, the Faculty and inclusion criteria visit us at http://theHonorRoll.co. Please note that The Honor Roll does NOT accept promotional benefits for apps listed and shows no advertising.
For any technical support, comments or suggestions please contact us
The Honor Roll respects your privacy and does share any user information from websites or applications with third-parties. The Honor Roll app and website use the following technologies:
● Connects to the Internet - This allows the app to stay in sync with the App Store
● Requests Your Email Address - As part of our service we allow you to create a "Watch List" of apps. Using your email address, we can identify you on different devices which allows your list to by synced to all your devices. In addition, we monitor the App Store daily and if we detect that an app on your watchlist has a price drop, we will let you know via the email you provide.
● Uses Location Data - This allows us to show you apps that are for sale in the App Store in your region. Not all apps are available in every country.
● Uses Push Notifications - If we identify a special deal on a fantastic app (e.g. is free for a day), we may send you a push notification to alert you to this. You may turn off/on notifications in your device's Settings.app at any time.
What's New in Version 2.0
The app was previously released as "Moms With Apps" and has been redesigned, refocused and renamed "The Honor Roll". It is now an expertly annotated and curated catalog of apps covering all developers in the entire iOS app store as opposed to a subset of developers.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 20 June 2012
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Thomas Binkowski
- © 2011-2012, Thomas Binkowski
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.