TomTom Speed Cameras Nordic
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your Journey… Safer and Better Informed.
SIGN UP NOW FOR A FREE 12 MONTHS SUBSCRIPTION!
More and more drivers are hit by costly speeding fines each year. That's why knowing where the speed cameras are doesn't just make driving safer - it's better for your wallet too.
The TomTom Speed Cameras app gives you advanced warnings on 95% of all fixed speed cameras. Every two minutes the app checks for the latest mobile speed cameras, including reports from 2.8 million TomTom Speed Camera users in the 16 countries where the app is available. You also get warnings about red light cameras , average speed checks, and can enable it to warn for likely mobile hotspots. (1)
TomTom Speed Cameras saves you money on speeding fines, helping you drive safely and relaxed, wherever you are.
*** FEATURES ***
ALL USERS THAT REGISTER A NEW TOMTOM ACCOUNT INSIDE THE APP OR SIGN IN WITH AN EXISTING TOMTOM ACCOUNT WILL GET A 12 MONTHS SUBSCRIPTION FREE OF CHARGE. Without a subscription the app only functions as a speedometer. With a subscription the app also offers the following features:
- 95% coverage of fixed camera locations: get thousands of fixed camera locations, updated up to twice a week. The app also warns for other types of cameras including red light cameras, average speed checks, and you can enable it to warn for likely mobile hotspots as well. (1)
- Real-time updates on mobile camera locations: the app checks for the latest mobile speed camera locations every two minutes, including confirmed reports from your fellow TomTom speed camera warning users.
- Precisely timed camera alerts: know the exact location of an approaching camera as the app counts down the distance to it in meters/yards.
- Average speed check support: see your progress within average speed checks and ensure your average speed is below the speed limit.(1)
- Early warnings for cameras around corners: the app even detects cameras that are not on your current road but gives you a gentle heads-up so you won’t get caught out if you take an upcoming turn.
- Dedicated, easy to understand interface: the app uses a colour-coded warning system that makes it easy to see if you need to slow down.
- Less false alerts: because the app knows which road you are driving on, it only alerts you when necessary, helping you keep your eyes on the road.
- Road speed limits: know if you’re speeding, even when there is no camera approaching.
- Safe camera reporting: easily add or remove mobile camera locations with a simple tap and share them with the TomTom community.
- Background alerts: continue to receive audio and visual alerts when running the app in the background.
- Streaming audio alerts: pair your iPhone with your TomTom Hands-free Car kit (or any other device that supports A2DP Bluetooth) and clearly hear the audio alerts of the app over its powerful speaker.
*** TURN-BY-TURN NAVIGATION ***
The TomTom Speed Cameras app does not offer turn-by-turn navigation. If you would like to enjoy world-class turn-by-turn navigation on your iPhone, we recommend the TomTom Navigation app for iPhone/iPad. By restoring your purchased Speed Cameras subscription in the TomTom Navigation app, you can continue using the service without being charged twice and you will benefit from additional alerts for accident blackspots, (ungated) railway crossing and likely mobile hotspots. The TomTom Navigation app is available in the Navigation category of the App Store.
*** COVERAGE ***
- DK, FI, NO, SV
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
The TomTom Speed Cameras app is compatible with iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5. It requires a GPS signal and a cellular data connection. Data roaming charges may apply. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
(1) Some camera types are not available in all regions.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Confirmation requests: the app will now prompt you to verify if a previously reported mobile camera is still present or if it is gone. With one, simple tap you can help reduce the number of false alerts and increase safety for everybody.
- WORKS WITH iOS7: Don't worry if you have already upgraded your iPhone to iOS7. This app is fully tested with iOS7 so you can update with confidence.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 10 December 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 197 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: TomTom
- ©2011 - 2013 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Month TomTom Speed Cameras25,00 kr