Wärtsilä iSailor is an easy-to-use marine and river navigation application for amateur seafarers.
iSailor provides a clear presentation of navigational information, electronic charts and additional content.
TX-97 vector charts supported by iSailor are recognized worldwide as one of the most accurate and reliable sources of navigational information.
Check out the chart folios available for purchase on our website: isailor.us
Chart folios can be purchased and downloaded in the iSailor Chart Store utilizing the standard iTunes Store payment/purchasing procedure. Chart correction service is provided on annual basis via the auto-renewable subscription service. iTunes will charge payment after confirmation of the chart correction purchase. You may manage your subscriptions and turn off the auto-renewal service in the Account Settings. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. You can cancel your subscription in the Chart Store any time. All previously purchased chart folios will remain available for you and can be restored from the service via the Chart Restore function. To receive subsequent chart corrections for your purchased charts, you will need to subscribe to the annual updates in the Chart Store.
The application works on iPhone and iPad using built-in GPS, NMEA Wi-Fi GPS or an external Bluetooth GPS.
Supported devices (iOS version 9.3.5 and higher):
• iPhone 4S or higher
• iPad - 2nd generation or higher
• Positioning system: iOS (Built-In GPS), NMEA GPS or AIS Class B (Option)
• AIS Class A NavData interface (Option)
• NMEA Heading and Rate-Of-Turn sensors (Option)
• NMEA Echo Sounder with a graphical 2D echogram and water temperature sensor (Option)
• NMEA Wind Sensor, including True & Relative wind calculation (Option)
• NMEA Autopilot interface (Option)
• Display of charts, routes, track(s) and user objects
• AIS target presentation. Target contours and dimensions (Option)
• Internet AIS service (Optional subscription)
• Weather service (Optional subscription)
• Tides and tidal currents (Optional subscription)
• Sailing guides, regional marinas (Optional subscription)
• North Up, COG Up, Head Up and Route Up chart orientations
• Information on any vector chart objects
• Free cursor, Point-To-Point and Own ship referenced ERBL functionality
• Monitoring of navigational data: Position, Course (COG) and Speed Over Ground (SOG)
• Route creation by the graphic and tabular methods. “Go To” routes.
• Waypoint monitoring: Bearing to WP, Distance to WP, XTD, Time-To-Go and ETA
• Schedule information: Time-To-Go and ETA to any selected waypoint ahead
• Multi-language support
• Multi-unit support
• Custom track colors
• Day and night chart palettes
• Alarm monitoring functionality
• Route, track and user object: export/import via GPX, KML and KMZ formats
• Advanced Logging and Playback function (Option)
• User object sharing via Facebook, Twitter, iMessenger, eMail
NOTE: Continuous use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease the battery life. Wärtsilä iSailor application may use your location even when it’s not open, which can decrease battery life of the device
iSailor web site: http://www.isailor.us
iSailor EULA: http://www.transas.com/legal/Wartsila_Voyage_EULA.pdf
iSailor Privacy Notice: http://www.transas.com/Media/Default/Downloads/Wartsila_Voyage_Privacy_Notice.pdf
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com
What’s new in Wärtsilä iSailor
In this latest release, we are introducing a new annual subscription service. This means that all newly purchased chart folios will include a free correction service available to you all year round.
Whenever you choose your next sailing destination and purchase the chart folio through the Chart Store, you will see the subscription end-date for your correction service under the folio name.
Each time when a chart update is available, you will see a star notification and an update button in the Chart Store.
Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. You can cancel your subscription in the Chart Store any time.
All previously purchased chart folios will remain available for you and can be restored from the service via the Chart Restore function. To receive subsequent chart corrections for your purchased charts, you will need to subscribe to the annual updates in the Chart Store.
NOTE: App Store will charge payment after confirmation of the chart correction purchase. You may manage your subscriptions and turn off the auto-renewal service in the Account Settings. If you re-subscribe, your new subscription will be automatically updated at the current price unless you cancel chart update service before the subscription period ends in Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> Apple ID -> View Apple ID -> Account -> Subscriptions.
We hope you enjoy this update and improved version of iSailor!
Ratings and Reviews
I have no intention to pay you a yearly fee to renew a card that I have bought for a lifetime before (Baltic Sea Western Europe)
Developer Response ,
Dear user, unfortunately, due to the changes in our licensing agreement with the Danish Hydrographic Office we are no longer allowed to provide chart updates for this chart folio without the subscription. It was made to enhance the safety of navigation.
Good app, a few more options needed
I had initially written a very bad review after Wartsila took over iSailor in November 2018 and introduced for everyone yearly fees on every charts previously purchased. Previous users complained as they had paid for a free lifetime update for chart service, and this had changed to yearly chart fee without notice. However, after seing the huge complains, Wartsila seem to have revised their policy and now has return the free updates for charts bought before November 2018, which is fair for previous users. If they would have done this from the beginning they would have avoided loosing all these precious customers...
About the app, it is easy to use and is well made with a lot a features I cannot find in competitors apps. I tried nearly all the apps for iPad and this was the most complete. I wish however a bit more professional AIS target monitoring with possibility to visually display the CPA collision point. Also would be very nice to be able to personalize entirely the display, and display simultaneously depth, wind, and navigation data. And lastly, a service for aerial images overlay would be perfect (as in TZ iBoat). When you try it, it is hard to do without it.
Køb ikke af dette fup firma
Er blevet opkøbt for at vride penge ud af brugerne.
Fra at være en ok prisbillig alternativ til rigtige kortplottere, er det blevet en mega dyrt løsning.
Og som det ikke er nok. Da de opdager kunderne flygter derfra hiver de et tilbud op af hatten “få første år gratis” hvis du har købt kort før 28 november. Det virkede lige til februar, så blev kortet igen ubrugeligt.
Utroligt hvad man kan slippe afsted med.
Mere uhæderlig firma skal man lede længe efter.
Kan kun på det kraftigst fraråde denne app som er en stor gang svindel.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, unfortunately, due to the changes in our licencing agreement with the Danish HO we are no longer allowed to provide free chart updates for this chart folio. Our agreement with the Danish Hydrographic Office has changed and under this agreement, there are no free chart updates for the charts they provide us with. The chart folio remains available to you and can be restored at any time. You can also update any other charts you have for free. We continue to provide free chart updates for all chart folios (except for folios from Danish HO due to our requirements with the HO) purchased before November 28th, 2018.
- Transas Marine International AB
- 73.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2010-2018 Wärtsilä Voyage Limited. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Baltic Sea. Western part 245,00 kr
- AIS Receiver Support 89,00 kr
- Internet AIS Service 1 year subscription 139,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.