Waterbirth – a professional guide for midwives is your introduction to water for pain relief and birth. The app is developed by midwives with vast experience with waterbirths, both in clinical practice and in education of midwifery students. The app provides you with inspiration and clinical tips for your daily practice as a midwife.
Warm water is relaxing and reduces labour pains. It is affordable, non-invasive and has no side effects. Women, who give birth in water, often express great satisfaction with both pain relief and birth experience.
Most women associate a warm bath with relaxation and self-care, and the feeling of being surrounded by warm water is safe and familiar. In birth, where the woman can feel insecure, safe and familiar is welcome.
The weightlessness in the water makes it easy for the woman to change positions, and changing positions can reduce labour pains and promote birth.
• Photos and clinical video
• ’My downloads’: Your downloaded videos and sound files, which you can also use offline.
• Clinical tips
• Access to a database with the latest research
The App is developed by midwife PhD Sara Kindberg from GynZone, in cooperation with midwife and waterbirth expert Anne Fjeldberg and Fjordblink® Medical.
- Added English and German language
Ratings and Reviews
God og informativ app
Appen er let at bruge og de små film giver et fint og grundigt indblik i de forskellige aspekter af fødsel i vand.
Et plus at filmene kan downloades, så app'en kan fungere som en lommebog lige til at slå op i, også når man er off-line.
Man får jo helt lyst til at føde i vand næste gang. App'en kan klart anbefales til både private og fagfolk.
- Gynzone ApS
- 7.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © GynZone ApS
- 199,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.