Whether you’re a wine enthusiast tasting for pleasure or a drinks professional tasting for work, this app helps you create and store structured and consistent tasting notes for wines.
Brought to you by the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) — the largest wine education provider in the world — the app is based on our globally recognised Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT) at Level 2.
Note: This app does not form part of the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wine course. However it is a useful tool for both current and former WSET students at all levels.
Never been a WSET student? No problem! The app is a great tool for all wine tasters, complete with useful tips on how to record your notes. The app also provides a great taster of the skills you can expect to acquire through WSET courses.
* The only wine tasting app endorsed by the world’s leading provider of wine education
* A database of over 300 wine producing countries and regions
* Over 100 pre-populated grape varieties
* A comprehensive lexicon of commonly used aroma and flavour descriptors
* Pro tips to guide you through the app
* Ability to record notes in “blind” tasting mode
* Search through your stored tasting notes
* Upload a photo to your wine notes
* Simple, easy to use interface to record and store your tasting notes
What is the Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine?
The Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT) is a method of note taking developed by the Wine & Spirit Education Trust to make tasting notes more objective and comparable.
The methodology breaks down the evaluation of wine, spirits or sake into appearance, nose, palate and conclusion, supported by universal terminology.
The SAT is published at four progressive levels of difficulty in support of the four levels WSET qualifications available. This app has been built for wines at level two making it suitable for those who are new to the SAT method as well as those that have completed WSET courses.
A systematic approach to tasting provides wine tasters with a foundation on which to build and develop their skills. The SAT forms an integral part of all WSET courses.
The Wine & Spirit Education Trust
WSET is the world’s leading provider of wine, spirits and sake education. Our nine qualifications are available through a network of course providers in over 70 countries and 19 languages. WSET courses and qualifications are sought by both wine professionals and enthusiasts with over 500,000 candidates studying with WSET since 1969. To explore our qualifications visit our website.
WSET takes your privacy extremely seriously. We have updated our policies ensuring that we are compliant with the new GDPR legislation. In this version of the app we have built in clear links to our privacy policies so that you can easily find them.
- WINE AND SPIRIT EDUCATION TRUST
- 62.1 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Wine & Spirit Education Trust 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.