3-11 Maths: Multiplication
Alice Heywood & Aisling Brown
This book is available for download with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. Apple Books on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
This Multiplication eBook is aimed at primary students aged 3-11, their parents and teachers.
Within this eBook, students cover eight stages of multiplication, learning how to:
1. count physical objects in sets
2. count on and back in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
3. repeated addition on a numberline
4. partition to multiply using known facts linked to multiples of 10
5. use the grid method
6. use the expanded written method
7. use the compact column method for TU (tens, units) x U (units)
8. use the compact method for TU x TU
This eBook is the third in a Maths series written by Alice Heywood, Sarah Holyoake, David Hewlett and Susan Roberts from the Stephen Perse Foundation. This series covers Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Money and Time, using innovative multimedia to support, engage and extend learning in Maths.