Aero Charts (Alaska)
By Navimatics Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Aero Charts combines VFR+IFR charts and direct-to navigation in an easy to use and versatile package. At a fraction of the price we offer features normally found on aviation GPS devices that are worth hundreds or thousands of dollars! Created by an enthusiastic aviator with airplane, seaplane and helicopter ratings, including an instrument airplane rating.
- Our charts are vector charts that are derived from official FAA data and other government sources. The information on the charts includes Class B,C,D,E Airspace (including Special Use Airspace), Airways, Fixes, Holding Patterns, Navaids, Airports and Hypsography. We preprocess the data to make it continuous (i.e. no more having to flip sectionals) and to ensure consistency.
- The full chart database is included in this download, so you will always have it with you. You will not need a 3G or WiFi connection to access our charts. [Please note: this excludes Airport Procedures/Diagrams, which are accessed online; we have chosen to not include the diagrams in the offline database because they would make the download size prohibitive.]
- You can move, zoom or rotate the chart using your fingers. Our chart looks great at any scale and rotation because we use vector chart technology.
- Our chart is rendered using VFR and IFR colors and symbology that is derived from NACO's official symbology.
- You can search for any feature (Airport, Navaid, place, etc.) using the search bar at the top.
- To get additional information about a feature of your interest just tap on it. This information includes FAA notes, Airway MEA's, and Navaid and Airport Communications.
- To measure the distance and find the bearing between any two points use the "ruler" tool.
- Our software will track your aircraft's location, speed and track using the iPhone's built-in location services. It will also record your aircraft's past track for the last 12 hours. [Please note: the application must be running to properly track an aircraft's location.]
- You can navigate to your waypoints using a Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) instrument. To see the instrument press the "PAGE" button. The instrument shows in a graphical manner your aircraft's heading (red arrow) as well as the desired track and cross track error (yellow arrow) when navigating to a waypoint.
- You can add, edit and delete waypoints. Hold finger over chart to add a new waypoint.
- Free updates for a year on the 56-day FAA cycle.
Visit http://navimatics.com for additional navigation products. You can also search for "navimatics" in the AppStore to see our other regions and products.
COVERAGE: This download includes all data for the state of Alaska.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
This is primarily an iOS 4 compatibility/bugfix release:
- Fixes a serious issue with the new retina display on iPhone 4.
- Allows for fast app switching with iOS 4.
- The "responsibility" dialog at the start of the program can now be disabled. Tap the little "i" icon at the bottom right corner and then tap on "Settings".
- The user guide is included with the download. Tap the little "i" icon at the bottom right corner and then tap on "User Guide".
- 39,99 €
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 01 July 2010
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 18.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Navimatics Corporation
- © 2009 Navimatics Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.