By Plex Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plex organizes all of your video, music, and photo collections, and gives you instant access to them on all of your devices. With the free Plex Media Server software on your home computer and Plex for iOS, you can enjoy all of your personal media on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and easily share it with friends and family. Plex also makes your media look beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information. With an optional premium Plex Pass subscription, you can even sync videos, music, and photos to your smartphones and tablets to enjoy while offline. Parental controls, premium music features, music videos, trailers and extras, and powerful management tools are also part of our premium offering. Getting up and running is fast and simple, so get started now! Enjoy unlimited use of free features of this app, and unlock its full functionality with a Plex Pass subscription -OR- a small one-time in-app purchase (see below).
Here are some ways that Plex makes your media experience awesome:
• Makes your media beautiful with artwork, descriptions, and more
• Automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device
• Makes sharing your media with friends and family simple and easy
• Lets you browse, fling, and control your media on most Plex apps
• Gives you access to a wide range of online channels such as TED Talks, Revision3, and TWiT
• Enables you to queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and then Watch Later on any device
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to all of your screens (such as your computer, smartphone, tablet, streaming devices, game consoles, smart TVs, and more!)
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server to all of your screens
• Remote control of your big screen Plex Apps
LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
UNLOCK FULL FUNCTIONALITY:
You can remove the playback limitations on the app in several ways:
• Use a Plex Pass enabled account to sign into the app -OR-
• Sign up for a monthly Plex Pass subscription in the iOS app -OR-
• Make a small, one-time, in-app purchase of just the iOS app itself
NOTE: If you've already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again!
Other features include*:
• Accessibility: Connect to your Plex Media Server wherever you are, whenever you want
• Plex Home: Use customized, managed accounts, and restrict content those users can access
• Camera Upload: Automatically upload your photos from your device to your Plex Media Server
• Mobile Sync: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing
• Security: Enjoy your media away from home, knowing connection is securely encrypted
• Plex Mix: Kick off a playlist of similar and related tracks from your collection at any time
• Rotten Tomatoes: See how your movie collection ranks with ratings from Rotten Tomatoes
• Related Movies and TV shows: Easily find similar movies based on selections in your library
• Top Movies: View top movies by genre, director, and actor
• Movie Extras and Music Videos: Access trailers, extras, and music videos from your libraries
*Please note, some features are only available to Plex Pass subscribers.
The app offers (but does not require) a Monthly Plex Pass In-app Purchase for the equivalent of US$4.99. The purchase will be charged monthly to your iTunes Account after confirmation of your purchase.
NOTE: PLEX FOR IOS REQUIRES IOS 8.1+; YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.12.5 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
What's New in Version 4.2
- Added announcements.
- Added ancestors navigation actions (like "Go To Artist") to the Context Menu.
- Added buffering progress to all players during local playback.
- You can now sign in a nearby unclaimed server with your iOS Plex account.
- The Related Content screen has been redesigned to provide quicker navigation and improved discoverability.
- Navigation Menu on iPad no longer takes up the entire screen.
- Last play queue could not be restored because of poor connectivity.
- Music playback needed user interaction in order to be resumed after recovering from an error.
- In rare occurrences, photos would not be centered in the photo gallery.
- Under some circumstances, reordering items in the Play Queue crashed the app.
- Improved item titles to show more relevant information in certain screens.
- Older iPads would sometimes experience a crash when browsing a photo library with high-resolution images.
- Videos in the Camera Roll channel would fail to play on iOS 9.3+.
- Playback of camera roll videos from another device would fail.
- Subtitles and audio tracks couldn't be changed when playing synced items under some circumstances.
- Videos would play multiple languages simultaneously under some circumstances.
- Shuffle button would be disabled for artists under some circumstances.
- Playing an episode wouldn't queue the next episodes of the TV Show.
- The app could lose track of the current play queue when used as remote controller.
- Crash accessing some screens (like Related movies) using Plex Media Server 0.9.17.x.
- The audience rating for movies would sometimes be shown instead of the critic rating.
- Improved alert messages when trying to sync some items that don't allow that feature.
- Sync items couldn't be modified within the app.
- Improved handling of download failures and free space calculation when syncing.
- The sync process could get stuck if the connection to the server was lost at a specific point.
- Temporary files were not removed if the app was killed while syncing.
- Removed horizontal scroll indicator from navigation menu.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 05 July 2016
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 57.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Plex Inc.
- © 2015 Plex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices)4,99 €
- Monthly Plex Pass4,99 €