By Studio Mee
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Attention: "SketchMee 2" is now out, rewritten from scratch and better at everything. Get it instead! ***
New York Times sums it up: "This app turns your photos into pencil sketches of remarkable quality."
- Reached #1 in App Store. (USA / Photography)
- Previously featured under "Staff Favorites", "What's Hot" and "New and Noteworthy" in the US App Store.
- SketchMee for iPhone has been warmly embraced by a large and growing community of creative users ("Hands down this app is the best in the store as far as photo effects", "One of the best apps in the app store", ...). Nonetheless, it is on the iPad that it really springs to life!
- Just pick an image from your photo library, and watch it being sketched into a beautiful piece of art. Have endless fun playing around with settings, exploring a vast world of art possibilities.
- Extremely easy to use. A handful of simple but powerful controls make you the artist in charge, enabling a wide range of different sketch art styles.
- Completely unparalleled art quality. Not even desktop computer programs come close.
- Save your creations in resolutions from 1024 by 768 for web use up to 4096 by 3072 (12 megapixels) enabling large printouts in high quality.
- Rock solid algorithms generate great results with any type of image content. Try portrait images, landscape scenery, people, abstract stuff, computer graphics or anything else.
- Zoom as deep as you like into the finished sketches to inspect the strokes. Your art will appear perfectly sharp at any zoom level. This is because sketches are built using vector curves, not from blocky pixel data.
- Input images can be of any size. Tiny web images are easily transformed into works of high resolution sketch art.
- A full screen crop feature lets you define exactly what part of the source image to use. Re-crop as many times as you like.
- Send your artwork as emails, save to your image library or save to the shared documents folder.
- For professional or advanced users: A powerful PDF export upgrade is available for purchase inside the app (USD $2.99). PDF sketch saving is almost instant, file sizes smaller and output resolution is infinite. The PDF sketches are fully editable in vector drawing applications like Adobe Illustrator, right down to the tiniest stroke bend.
What's New in Version 1.9.1
- Contrast effect added
- Native Facebook sharing on iOS 6.