Speedometer Speed Box
By Hans Schneider
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Awesome!!! The best speed app on iphone” 5 Stars by kurtonic
Speed Box is a Speedometer and GPS app for both your iPhone and iPad. It displays your current speed, distance, direction and altitude along with your top speed and average speed. The app also keeps a record of the speed and altitude for the last few hours.
* MPH, KM/H and KNOTS
* One app for both the iPhone and iPad
* "Speak speed" - Tap screen to have the speed spoken to you
* 11 Analog and digital speedometers
* Map view
* Maximum and average speed
* Digital compass
* HUD display to see speed in windshield
* Odometer to measure distance traveled
* Chart of the traveled speed and altitude
* Warning signal when driving too fast
* Export last 3 hours of data
* Change maximum displayed speed on speedometer
* Swipe finger over chart to display historic data
* Display GPS accuracy by tapping the indicator in the top left corner
5 Stars by Darekakuta
"Just what I needed. My '58 chev's speedo doesn't work. This did the trick."
5 Stars by Rawd
"Great My 79 Firebird speedo only goes to 140 kmh. ;). This worked perfectly."
"Within 1 mile per hour +/- Great Job!"
SpeedBox was one of the very early Speedometer Apps for the iPhone. Take advantage of my experience and the refined algorithms that can get a much greater accuracy from the iPhone then a lot of other apps. I regularly update my application to make it even more accurate and usable.
Users have already used our application to verify the accuracy of their car's speedometer or they tried measuring the speed they achieved while skiing. Can you come up with more ideas? How about measuring the speed of the airplane you travel with?
The "GPS strength" indicator in the top left corner should display a green dot. You can tap this indicator to display the current GPS accuracy.
Please allow the application up to a minute to find enough satellites to work correctly.
If you get a message to enable GSP, please go to ”Settings > General > Location Services“ on your iPhone and check if the little switch is set to "On" for Speed Box as well as for "Location Services" in general.
ATTENTION iPod touch users! Unfortunately this app doesn't work very well on the iPod touch and the iPad WiFI (without 3G) since these devices are missing a GPS!
If you've got any wishes or suggestions for new features, please let me know with the contact form on this application's website (see link below).
I am already working on the next update!
What's New in Version 7.0
* All new design
* Map view with current location
* Display average speed
* Higher accuracy
* More information on distance, max and average speed on settings page
I removed the annoying rating screen. If you like the app please give it a review on iTunes, I just LOVE to read what you have to say!
- 3,99 €
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 14 September 2015
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Languages: English, German, Simplified Chinese
- Developer: Hans Schneider
- © Hans M. Schneider
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.