21st Century FEMA Study Course
National Incident Management System (NIMS) Resource Management (IS-703.a) - Scenarios, Complex Incidents, Planning, Readiness
David N. Spires
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) independent training course manual from the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) introduces resource management as described in the National Incident Management System (NIMS), and shows how systems for managing resources can be used to improve incident response. The course includes examples of best practices, lessons learned, and job aids to assist the participant in planning for resource management.
The course includes the following lessons:
* Lesson 1: Resource Management Overview
* Lesson 2: Resource Management Planning
* Lesson 3: Resource Typing & Readiness
* Lesson 4: Resource Management During Incidents
* Lesson 5: Resource Management & Complex Incidents
* Lesson 6: Course Summary
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
* Establish systems for describing, inventorying, requesting, and tracking resources.
* Activate these systems prior to and during an incident.
* Dispatch resources prior to and during an incident.
* Deactivate or recall resources during or after incidents.
The primary audience is Federal, State, tribal, and local emergency managers; first responders to include incident commanders from all emergency management disciplines; private industry personnel responsible for coordination activities during a disaster; and voluntary agency personnel.
This is a privately authored news service and educational publication of Progressive Management.
- 10,99 €
- Category: Politics & Current Affairs
- Published: 09 July 2011
- Publisher: Progressive Management
- Print Length: 95 Pages
- Language: English