Practitioner's Guide to Change Management
John V. O'Rourke & David J. Amborski
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
• Strategic and tactical plans do not create value because value is only realized through the actions of the employees impacted by change.
• The Practitioner’s Guide to Change Management is not about creating strategic and tactical plans to overcome change; it is about the practical application of years of experience successfully executing the human side of change management initiatives.
• The Practitioner’s Guide combines the change management process with pragmatic advice on how to complete a successful change initiative. It addresses the following topics:
• 1- The definition of change management; what are its goals and how change impacts an organization.
• 2- The importance of stakeholders and their influence on the outcome of the change initiative; the identification of key people who can assist in the successful execution of an initiative.
• 3- How to determine if an organization is ready to undertake the change effort.
• 4- The risks and conflicts that may occur during a change engagement and how to overcome them.
• 5- Best practices in managing a change engagement.