By Mintaka Research, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best way to learn the Nautical Rules of the Road. This application was co-developed with Dr. David Burch, author of nine books on navigation and founder of the Starpath School of Navigation (www.starpath.com) and Fellow of the US and Royal Institutes of Navigation.
This app provides all the questions, answers, and resources to help you master the Nautical Rules of the Road. For all mariners, from kayakers to ship captains.
Based on the latest edition of the International and US Inland Navigation Rules along with the latest published edition of the USCG database of license exam questions, this module takes you step by step through the Rules, teaching each by applying specific rules to specific questions on the Rules—a proven method to master a practical knowledge of the Rules.
• over 1200 answered and referenced questions on the Navigation Rules
• complete up to date copy of the Navigation Rules
• incudes study guides and suggested procedures
• custom design your practice tests by number, filter, and type
• learn by topic, by rule, or by random selection
• reference rules clearly distinguish between Inland and International application
• stores all practice tests till manually deleted
• stores questions Answered Right, Answered Wrong, or Never Answered
• remembers where you left off if app is closed
• records and stores your proficiency in each of the Rules
• make custom tests by filtering on keywords in the questions
• review all questions missed
• newly reproduced crisp test diagrams, true to the originals
• view test diagrams in Flash Card mode
• cross-linked rules to related images, other rules, and resources
• graphic index to the Demarcation Lines
• suggested working definitions to key terms not defined in the Rules
• linked copies of the Canadian Modifications to the ColRegs
• thorough list of references on the Navigation Rules
What's New in Version 2.5.1
Improves support for iOS 7, updated USCG Navigation Rules to latest (July, 2013) corrections, including Demarcation Line changes, and added questions on Wing in Ground vessels.
- USD 14.99
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 10 April 2014
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 8.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Mintaka Research, LLC
- © 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Mintaka Research, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.