By Harald Sodemann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take full advantage of the great rainfall radar maps for Norway and the neighboring countries made public by yr.no on iPhone and iPad! Now including a radar map for the Nordic countries (currently only at low resolution).
Find out if and when it is going to rain at your current location. Have your location marked on the radar map. Use the integrated compass to see from which direction rain is coming towards you. Zoom and browse the rainfall radar maps for Norway step by step or as customized animation.
- Center on your current location using GPS or Wifi location services
- See your current location marked by a circle on the radar maps
- Zoom into the animating radar maps using pinch gestures
- Use playback controls to go step by step through the maps
- Use the integrated compass display to orient the device and see from where rain is approaching
- Adjust the number of downloaded radar maps according to the available bandwidth
- Choose a radar map from a table with additional useful information
- Includes the radar composite for the Nordic countries, covering Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
Note: At present the Nordic countries images are only made available at low resolution by yr.no.
Nordic Radar uses the freely available radar maps from yr.no, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK.
What's New in Version 2.6
- Update of user interface for iOS7 and iPhone 5
- New radar maps with precipitation type
This is a required update to continue using Nordic Radar after 25 March 2014. Older versions will be unable to acquire radar images.
- USD 0.99
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 27 March 2014
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, German
- Developer: Harald Sodemann
- © 2010-2015 NedBorTech
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.