Sudoku 101 (Free)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wondering what the hype is about Sudoku?
This is the introductory course for Sudoku, ideal for beginners. It is a Sudoku game, a generator, a solver, and a teacher/tutor.
First, it is a real Sudoku game.
- Puzzle generator for unlimited play, at the difficulty level appropriate for beginners.
- Clean and simple game board, so you can focus on the playing instead of being distracted by colors and/or graphics.
- Ability to enter the game manually, copy from books, newspaper, or other Sudoku game software.
- Tap on a clue to highlight potential locations, tap again to go back to normal viewing.
- Automatic or manual pencil marks, which can be switched on and off during the play with one tap.
- Automatically save the game when you leave, continue when you come back.
- Option to use either symmetrical or non-symmetrical Sudoku boards.
- Option to show error.
Even more, it is your private tutorial. It teaches you the logic and pattern of Sudoku, with its multi-step teaching system. All of the techniques are human logic, not computer brutal force.
- When you are stuck, tap "Teach me". It highlights certain cells of interest.
- Tap again, it will tell you the technique to look for in those cells. A "What is..." buttons also shows up. You can look up the meaning of this technique.
- Tap again, it will show you the logic. Which candidate is of interest, why, and how it helps you to solve a cell, or to remove digits from possible candidates.
- Tap again, it updates the board, ready for the next step.
During the course of Sudoku 101, you will go through the following levels:
- Learning Basics: This level is for the absolute beginner. It uses Sudoku boards which be solved by the Full House.
- Easy: At this level, the puzzles can be solved with Full House, Naked Single, Hidden Single, and occasional pairs.
- Moderate: You will learn Naked Pair, Hidden Pair, and Locked Candidates.
Check out the screenshots to see how the teaching works.
Not enough for you? Ready for more challenge? Please check out our Sudoku 401, with advanced teaching including Hidden and Naked Trip and Quad, Fishes (X-Wing, Swordfish, Jellyfish, Squirmbag, Fishy Cycle), Finned Fishes (Finned X-Wing, Swordfish, Jellyfish, Squirmbag, Sashimi Fish, and Turbot Fish), XY-Wing, XYZ-Wing, WXYZ-Wing, and ALS.
- Category: Games
- Released: 26 March 2009
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: River Past Corporation
- © River Past Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.