By Virtual Speech Center Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
****I am so happy that there is finally a verb tense application on the market that not only teaches children about tenses with visuals but can be used in therapy! I feel like I had been waiting for this one forever! (Consonantly Speaking)****
Verbs News is a fun and creative language-therapy app for the iPad created by a certified speech and language pathologist for students to learn and practice verbs in four different tenses (simple present, present continuous, simple past, and simple future). It has a total of over 190 regular and irregular verbs represented in beautiful real-life pictures.
Children are welcomed by a boy named Andrew, who is a newsroom anchor. Andrew has his own channel, “Intro to Tenses,” in which children can watch four different animated movies that visually explain four different English tenses. After they watch "Intro to Tenses", they may begin to practice the verbs. For each correct response, the children are awarded with an anchor microphone. At the end of the session, children can take the role of an anchor, record their own news, and watch it in the newsroom. (The video recordings are not saved in this app to comply with HIPPA.*)
Verbs News can be used for students with:
- language disorders and delays, such as specific language learning disorders, etc.
- learning disorders
Verbs News allows students to practice verbs through three different activity types:
- auditory bombardment
- make-up sentences (with audio recording feature)
Verbs News is easy to navigate and allows users to employ several tools, enabling them to perform the following tasks:
- enter multiple students
- change settings
- select multiple words
- select multiple activity types
- select auto-scoring
- select alternate counts for multiple students
- enable or disable written picture descriptions
- enable or disable the award system
- use the video/audio record feature
- use the audio recording feature
- track correct and incorrect responses
- view reports
- e-mail results at the end of the game
*To comply with HIPAA standards this app does not allow the user to save the video recordings to protect the privacy of others. The user can only view and replay the video immediately after recording, but the video recordings will not be saved.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Fixed issue with reward video playback
- USD 6.99
- Category: Education
- Updated: 20 February 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 110 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Virtual Speech Center Inc.
- © 2012 Virtual Speech Center Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.