By Andrew Heard
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Vidsify Lite is the simplest way to convert almost any video file, such as those recorded on point-and-shoot cameras and cell phones or those that are downloaded online, into formats supported by your Apple devices and game consoles. Vidsify Lite supports Macs, iPhones, iPads, iPods, Apple TVs, PlayStation 3s and Xbox 360s.
Vidsify Lite converts videos up to 5 minutes in length, perfect for short clips that you have recorded. Longer videos will be shortened. Upgrade to the full version of Vidsify to convert videos of any length.
No knowledge of video or audio codecs is necessary, simply choose the devices your video must support and Vidsify Lite will automatically determine the rest. In many cases the video and audio can be extracted from the original file and copied into a new format that your devices can play without transcoding. This way no video or audio quality is lost and converting takes seconds rather than minutes.
Vidsify Lite can convert the following formats:
- Matroska (.mkv)
- Windows Media Video (.wmv)
- AVI (.avi)
- MPEG-1 (.mpg)
- MPEG-4 (.mp4/.m4v)
- QuickTime (.mov)
- Flash Video (.flv)
- Real Media (.rm)
- And many more.
Vidsify Lite uses the H.264 and AAC codecs to ensure the highest quality conversions possible. Vidsify Lite cannot convert files protected by DRM (copy-protection).
What's New in Version 1.2
- Backwards compatibility with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Updated encoding and decoding libraries.
- Bug fixes.
Added in Vidsify Lite 1.1:
- Added support for the iPhone 5, iPad 3rd and 4th generations and Apple TV 3rd generation.
- Added conversion time estimation.
- Added ability to copy subtitles to output file.
- Added options to control video encoding quality.
- Sandboxing for improved security.
- Retina graphics.
- Category: Video
- Updated: 26 September 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Andrew Heard
- © Andrew Heard 2011-2013
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor