Wine Basics: The Beginner's Guide - Lite
By DTN International Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: This Lite app contains sample video clips from the full version of "Wine Basics: The Beginner's Guide".
Buy the full version to obtain the complete 47 minute title and elevate your confidence as you take the first step in learning about the wonderful world of wine.
THE FULL VERSION INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING…
Wine should be a pleasant and relaxing experience, yet for many beginners, it may seem quite intimidating. By simply becoming familiar with a few basics, your understanding and enjoyment of wine will be greatly enhanced.
Topics covered in this title include ...
- How wine is made
- The wine tasting process
- Pouring wine
- Storing wine
- How to open a bottle
- Choosing a wine glass
- Wine terminology
- Wine etiquette
- Ordering wine at a restaurant
- Purchasing wine from a grocery store
- Attending a wine tasting event
- Basic food-pairing tips
DID YOU KNOW?
- The growing conditions of the grape are very important because each condition dramatically affects the character of each bottle of wine.
- Syrah, as it is known in France, and Shiraz as it is known in Australia, both refer to the same wine.
- There is no right or wrong way to sniff a wine, all you are trying to do is to capture all the idiosyncrasies your chosen wine has to offer.
All of these points and many more are explained in this fascinating title.
- Video run time: 47 mins
- Includes a quiz to test what you've learned
Reviews of the DVD version:
"This DVD couldn't have come at a better time! My wife and I are getting ready to hold our first wine tasting party and I was feeling overwhelmed. Wine Basics really broke it down for us. The detailed information was given in an organized, logical, and entertaining way. As we continued to watch, I felt more and more confident in my ability to pull this party off. Thanks!" --- B. Smith
"My husband and I just started enjoying wines but felt inadequate in ordering, selecting or even conversing with our friends about wines. This DVD gives us the foundation of knowledge allowing us to enjoy wines with confidence. We look forward to using this information in our daily use of wines and our upcoming tour of wine country next month!" --- R. Mahoney"
- Category: Lifestyle
- Released: 14 December 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 18.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: DTN International Ltd
- © Graham Productions LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.