Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FREE for a limited time!
WordCompete is an addictive, but simple, word game for the iPad
A word game should be elegant and thoughtful. WordCompete is not like a lot of other games - no sounds or carnival gimmickry. Rather than annoy you with sounds -- you're probably listening to music -- we'd prefer a more elegant experience.
WordCompete has the following features:
- WordCompete offers two types of games - to clear the board (as long as it takes) or play as many words in the time allotted.
- The game now supports multiplayer games with your iPad: you can pass the iPad from player to player and compete against your friends. This new capability is great for travel with the family - pass the iPad and compete in a clear the board or timed game. Add named players, and keep track of their scores over time.
- WordCompete displays a grid of letters that can be dragged on the surface of the iPad.
- The game has a board of 192 squares, using the iPad's ample surface to create a large playing space.
- You can slide a letter to a position via some mixture of horizontal and vertical slides through open squares. If a letter is blocked by other letters, it cannot be moved.
- Points are scored by connecting letters to form words. Think of the longest words you can, and arrange the letters to play the word. Scores for longer words increase significantly.
- Some letters are worth more than others - there are highlighted letters with a bonus, and letters with a dark background that have a small penalty (but you still might want to play them).
- As you play the game, and you find you need just one letter - you can trade some of your points for a letter or two - but think ahead - the price in points of letters increases as the game progresses.
- In a timed game, if you clear a segment of the game surface, you will get new letters to play.
- We now offer limited Game Center integration - use WordCompete with a Game Center ID, and your scores are posted automatically to a leaderboard. (Solo games only.)
- WordCompete also stores your scores locally, so you can track how you are doing, and what interesting words you've played.
And we're just getting started...
What's New in Version 2.0.3
Bug fixed: Runaway timer on timed games after wake-up from sleep allowed scores to exceed valid amounts.