Calorie Counter PRO by MyNetDiary
By MyNetDiary Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Achieve your weight loss and healthy eating goals with MyNetDiary - MyNetDiary helps you plan your diet, track food and exercise, make better food choices, and achieve your goals faster.
MyNetDiary is based on proven science - it's rated as the #1 mobile diet app in an independent study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.
The New York Times, comparing to MyFitnessPal, calls MyNetDiary “simpler… quicker… Also, it looks nicer."
MyNetDiary is the easiest and most comprehensive diet app available, with a huge 600,000 foods database, barcode scanner, and great diet tips and analysis helping you stay motivated for healthy weight loss.
- Selected by Apple as a Health & Fitness App Store Essential
- Featured in USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Consumer Reports, NPR Morning Edition, Health Magazine, Good Housekeeping, and more.
MyNetDiary has already helped over 4 million people work toward their diet goals – so why not start on your goal today!
* "This is the best tool I have ever used to keep track of my weight loss.”
* "Best all in one APP. Deleted 4 apps for this one."
* "This app is very easy to use."
* "Absolutely awesome – it’s like having your own nutritionist with you at all times.”
* "If I could have only one app on my iPhone, this would be it!"
WHAT MAKES MYNETDIARY THE BEST
#1 food database in the world - over 600,000 foods, powered by PhotoFood Service. If a food is not in the database or out of date, send us its photo directly from the app!
* Built-in barcode scanner
* Absolutely fastest and easiest food entry in the world, saving your time every day. Searches as you type.
* Works great offline without Internet connection, with a streamlined offline database
* Up to 45 nutrients, including carbs, protein, all types of fat, sugars, fiber, sodium, cholesterol, and vitamins
* Multiple servings for most foods - grams, oz, cups
* Daily and Weekly Analysis - learn how you can improve and eat more healthfully
* Track your water intake
* Optional PIN protection
* Syncs foods and exercise with MyNetDiary.com (free account included)
* Syncs with a special MyNetDiary app optimized for iPad - the top iPad Healthcare & Fitness app
* High-quality, beautifully-designed app
* IT IS EASY TO USE!
* Very fast and easy to use – absolutely the fastest app available for food entry!
* Searches foods as you type – finds most foods after entering 3-4 letters
* Organizes and remembers your favorites and typical servings
* Enter your own custom foods
* Create recipes
* Detailed food labels and food score
* Optional food time tracking
* Over 500 activities and exercises available at your fingertips
* Calculates exercise calories based on MET - your weight
* Allows exercise calorie entry - great for body monitors and exercise equipment
* Time or distance for running and walking
* Enter your own custom exercises
* Set your target weight
* Plan for your target date or desired weight loss rate
* Calculates target calories, weight maintenance calories, BMI and BMR
* Calculates based on your age, height, weight, gender, and activity level
* Includes weekly exercise planning
* Carb, fat, and protein budgets/targets, with energy percentages
* Tracks daily steps, blood pressure, hours of sleep and work
* Beautiful charts comparing plan, averages and meals, measurement charts
* Weight progress chart with target weight line
* Record and chart all body measurements
* Food Scores - understand a food label at glance
* Weight-loss projections
* Before and After photos
* English and metric units
SUPPORTED THROUGH MYNETDIARY.COM
* State-of-the-art online website for food and exercise entry
* Online Community supported by a Registered Dietitian
* Family and private groups, sharing with your doctor, dietitian, or coach
* MyNetDiary Maximum subscribers get access to advanced website features, including a full set of charts and reports, printing, and Excel export
What's New in Version 4.15
* Interactive charts
On my way
I decided to review this program while I'm on my way to my weight-loss goals rather then after I achieved them. I'm horrible at keeping records. I don't do a daily journal. I don't log what I eat. I don't make it a priority, which is why I have a weight problem. This app has allowed me to track everything from how much water I drink (or don't drink) to actually knowing the quantity of food intake in calories and fat rather than guessing. At first I thought because I don't eat a lot of prepackaged premade foods that this app would not be useful to me. I made a healthy breakfast the other day and realized that the package of eggs has a barcode, the package of meat has a barcode. I was able to scan and quickly input everything I ate and realized that my breakfast was around 500 cal which was right on track for my goals! I'm also tracking my water intake. I often will go all day without drinking any water and I won't even realize it. I'm beginning to take that three seconds and tap the water class every time I drink some water. By the end of a few weeks, I'm realizing that I'm drinking more and more water each day. I plan to continue using it and get in the habit of inputting everything. I suggest you Start small and input breakfast & your water every day. Eventually get to the point where you've inputted everything that has gone in your mouth. The charts are amazing it's made me realize that I am moving in a forward direction!
One of my FAVORITE Apps
Been using this app for quite a while with great success. When I stopped using it I gained the weight back. Point here is IT WORKS!
Apps can break or mess up. Sometimes it's the user's fault but sometimes it just breaks. I did something and thought I had lost most of my data, so I wrote support. They could tell I was freaking out a bit but remained calm and gave me some great advice on how to fix it. The simple fix worked and all my data was there, working as it should. I was so happy their support team was able to get me fixed; getting me fixed right away was even better!
The app is great, spend the money. You won't be sorry. Really! If something goes wrong, write to support, they will help you get it working again. Honestly, for a few bucks the only thing you're gonna loose is weight; pounds and pounds of weight. This is the app that can make your weight loss a reality!!! Follow it and become the new and improved you! You will be happy u did.
I couldn't have shed 50 lbs. without it
I really like this app's organization and ease-of-use. Its food database is extensive and easy to add custom foods to, and it's simple to access frequently used foods and recipes.
One reason I prefer this app to MyFitnessPal is that when I enter exercise to my daily diary entry, although it displays the resulting extra calories I could consume under my plan, it also shows me the baseline calories remaining… and that's really the number I care about: I want calories burned from exercise to be applied to helping me reduce: not helping me eat more! MyFitnessPal would require me to subtract logged exercise calories, and I don't want to have to do that.
A minor (and understandable) downside is that you do need a data connection when entering foods. That's usually not a problem, but there have been a few fairly rare occasions that I've been dining in remote areas without coverage.
Still, the alternative would have been for the to download a massive database to the phone or tablet, and then update it regularly to keep it current, whereas their online database is always up-to-date. So I think they made the right engineering trade-off.
Another great feature is the option for your custom recipes to add each separate ingredient to your meal - so if you prepare something that may vary in proportions from one occasion to the next, that's very simple to edit.
All in all, a very well conceived and implemented app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 03, 2014
- Version: 4.15
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MyNetDiary Inc.
- © 2013, MyNetDiary Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.