China Taxi-Book : City Guide , Language and Translation Guide , Navigation Guide for Chinese Cities
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Taxi-Book is your travel and city guide to *30* Chinese cities, a way to speak and talk in Chinese with locals without internet connection, with free versions for Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen. It provides a big talking English Chinese dictionary and helps English Chinese translations with talking phrasebooks in its full versions.
It is made to help you travel in Chinese cities and make your trip in China comfortable. Taxi-Book talks to Chinese taxi-drivers who can bring you to your destinations.
The available cities are: (all full versions provide speaking and talking function for Chinese)
Beijing 北京 (free Lite version)
Guangzhou 广州 (free lite version)
Shanghai 上海 (free lite version)
Shenzhen 深圳 (free lite version)
More cities are coming soon!
The app also features dialogue options for talking with locals in Chinese. Note that you may fill gaps in the phrases using our English-Chinese dictionary containing more than 12,000 words to create your own phrases. For example, in a restaurant you may say "I'm allergic to ... (select/dictionary). Could you make this dish without it?" in perfect Chinese. Some phrases also feature likely answer options that the dialogue partners may choose as a reply.
This free app comes with free versions of four cities. In the free version, e.g., the Beijing city guide contains more than 500 locations in China's capital. And if that's not enough for you, just upgrade through buying the full content of Beijing to unlock more than 1,500 locations and speaking function for all dialogues.
Taxi-Book also offers more city guides for all key Chinese cities for hotels, restaurants, banks, sightseeings, hospitals and administrations etc. And if you don't feel like browsing through the lists, just use the fast search option on each city's home page to find the locations you are looking for.
Note: Buying another city means you pay just one time and can use it forever. There are NO HIDDEN COSTS.
- Locations: Hundreds of locations divided into 10 categories are featured.
- Locations come with detailed information like English and Chinese name, address, phone number, and GPS coordinates.
- View locations on Maps and find nearby places easily (requires online connectivity). You can also add your own locations, enter and save their data if you have discovered a new place that is not covered in the app.
- Once you've chosen a location, press the Taxi-Card button to bring up a simple yet effective page that allows you to tell a taxi driver clearly where you want to go. Show the page to the driver and shake the phone to make it pronounce the phrase with your desired destination.
- Taxi-Card: Choose between different color styles to customize the page to your liking.
- Dialogues: Special dialogues for use in a taxi situation like "Turn on the meter, please" or "How long will the ride take approximately?"
- Basic Phrases: For everyday situations to say things like "Hello", "Thank you", tell others your name or ask where the restrooms are.
- Favourites: Pick your favourite locations out of all the locations and add them to your favourites list for quick and easy access.
*Please note that while the app is designed to work in offline mode, using Map view and buying in-app purchasable content require internet access.
What's New in Version 4.51
Bugfix for iOS 8.x
Outdate Dalian Version Don't waste $¥€
I downloaded the free App for use in Shanghai and liked it so I bought the Dalian version when I moved to China. Don't buy it as it is not worth it. I've sent address corrections and they don't do updates. Dalian is growing quickly and they haven't done an update in the 7 months I've had the App. It doesn't help you to find the trendy places as they are missing. I hope they read this and take action but not optimistic. Prove me wrong Taxi Book so I can amend this review.
This used to be my go-to taxi app for China. Lately when the taxi card is pulled up to show the driver , the address in Chinese is missing. It only gives the name of the place in English. The "voice" function is also not working anymore. I hope the makers of Taxi Book fixes this bug soon!
Out of Date - Inaccurate
The app is practically useless. It is terribly out of date in every category. You will waste money having taxis take you to places no longer in business. You will waste money because the places you want to go are not listed in the app.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jan 22, 2015
- Version: 4.51
- Size: 45.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yocoy Technologies GmbH
- © 2011 Yocoy Technologies GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Hong Kong$6.99