Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 50.0.2661.95
• Bug fixes.
Google chrome app review:
I have multiple tabs open, but there is no way to see a list of tabs. Instead, I have to keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling. Give us a list view of tabs, or just make it like safari.
In picture in picture mode - if I press on the left button to go back to the app, it does not take me to the same web page that I was using which initiated the picture-in-picture. Instead, it takes me to the previous tab that I was using last. Safari does not have this problem. If I press on the left button in the picture-in-picture, it should take me to the exact tab where the picture-in-picture originated.
Update broke what used to work fine...
The latest update completely broke the "print to Google Drive" capability, a function I rely upon daily to upload web pages and docs as PDFs for later printing.
The app quite often hangs up when loading pages (it takes incredibly longer for saved passwords to load), and as I said, instead of fixing the 'print to cloud' function, Google's solution was simply to remove the option.
It's a pretty sad state of affairs when Google's own browser doesn't work properly with Google's cloud-storage...
And it's probably asking for too much to add the ability to save/print directly to Dropbox (Google's competitor in the on-line storage arena).
Also, as others have noted, I'm now constantly logged out of sites after changing apps: why?
All in all, the app seems to be headed in the wrong direction, by removing functionality that USED to work as advertised.
Until they give us back the print to cloud function, I highly recommend SnapWeb, a print to cloud alternative that allows you to save pages as PDF/JPEG/PNG, then open them in other apps (i.e. you an open it in Google Drive, to save to the cloud).
LOVE, But keeps Freezing
I would by far ALWAYS use Google Chrome before using any other search engine app. Ever. Safari--TOTAL JOKE. Just runs your phone down and you might as well watch snails crawl....you'll pass time faster. The only thing I'm having an issue with the Google Chrome app as of the last several months is, every time I open it on my Apple iPhone 6 Plus, it Freezes for approximately 10 to 12 seconds, before you are able to use it. Not sure what update caused this, but it's completely annoying. Please Google, fix this bug. Thank you 👊🏼😘💚💙
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 03, 2016
- Version: 50.0.2661.95
- Size: 66.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.