Civilization V: Campaign Edition
By Aspyr Media, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
• Purchase additional content located within your game launcher, like the award winning Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World expansion pack! •
NOTICE: Civilization V: Campaign Edition does not feature internet multiplayer through GameCenter at this time. Currently multiplayer is played via Mac to Mac LAN play only.
Civilization V: Campaign Edition brings all the features and functionality of the single-player campaign to the Mac App Store. Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the dawn of man into the space age: Wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, go head-to-head with some of history’s greatest leaders and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
Civilization V: Campaign Edition includes the following downloadable content for free. Babylon Civilization Pack, and their ruler Nebuchadnezzar II, as well as the Mongols Civilization and Scenario Pack.
• SPECIAL INFORMATION ABOUT CIVILIZATION V: CAMPAIGN EDITION •
• Integrated video chipsets are not supported GMA 950: Mac Mini(2006,2007), iMac(2006), Macbook(2006,2007) GMA X3100: Macbook(2007,2008), MacBook Air(2008) Intel HD Graphics 3000
• In-App purchases require OSX 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), or 10.9 (Mavericks)
• Civilization V Campaign Edition does not utilize Steam for encryption and will not work with Steam Civilization V DLC.
In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 2.4 GHz CPU Speed | 2 GB RAM | 6.0 GB free disk space | (ATI): Radeon 2600; (NVidia): GeForce 8800 | 256 MB VRam
• Supported Video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 8800, 9600, GT 120, 320M, 330M, 640M, 650M, 660M, 675MX, 680MX, 750M, 755M, 775M, 780MX
ATI Radeon HD 2600, HD 3870, HD 4670, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 5870, HD 6750 Intel HD Graphics 4000, 5000, and Iris chipsets
Recommended System Requirements: CPU Speed: 2.6 GHz | Memory: 4 GB or higher | Video RAM: 512 MB
• NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as MacOS extended (Case Sensitive)
If you encounter any problems playing the game, please visit support.aspyr.com and submit a ticket. This helps us improve products and resolve issues, and we want to help. ________________________________________________________
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW! Get the latest Aspyr news, get insider information, deals and more…
SURF US: http://aspyr.com
LIKE US: http://facebook.com/aspyrmedia
FOLLOW US: http://twitter.com/aspyrmedia
Thank you for playing Civilization V: Campaign Edition from Aspyr!
1991-2014 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Sid Meier’s Civilization V, Civ, Civilization, 2K Games, Firaxis Games, Take-Two Interactive Software and their respective logos are all trademarks of Take-Two interactive Software, Inc. All rights reserved.
Mac Pro is a trademark of Apple Inc.
What's New in Version 1.3.7
• Added Cocoa and Bison resources from the Conquest Deluxe scenario into the main game
• Lots of bug fixes
Full of game crippling bugs !!!!!
most every single bug in this game relates to workers. after a certain point in the game. they just stop making upgrades completely and sit around the map at random points. STUCK until you return them to manual mode. they also travel the most danerous locations around the map over and over. constantly getting caught by barbarians. once returned to manual mode they need orders to do the same jobs over and over each turn until the one job is complete. they also seem to build an excessive ammount of trading posts leaving me people hungry in allot of cases or city growth stagnated. managing workers in a large empire quickly becomes overwelming and normally call it quits before finishing a game in frustration. without these bugs it would be a super fun and great day killer when its raining outside. hard to put down forget to eat kind of game. until the workers stop. well. working. one final complaint is the game has an auto attention that can really be very very annoying. if you are doing something with a unit it will just start switching you around the map on its own to what it thinks you should be doing. instead of allowing the tasks bubble to be clicked and get to each one in your own time. I HATE THIS AND WISH I COULD TURN IN OFF !!
For anyone who is interested in strategy games such as risk or settlers of catan will find this game fun. I came from an outside view and being interested in the game because of my past experiences with risk and catan after seeing youtubers play the game. I can say these are a good test of if you would be interested in the game. Not only that you will be able to spend hours of time on one game and go to another game with completely different setups and spend hours of more time. Then buying a DLC or expansion just gives you more time that you can ply the the game. I have only known about the game for a couple months at this point, but I have spent at least 24 hours playing the game if not more.
This is a lovely game but I think I have a couple of improvements that could be made.
1. Any of the writings found by the Archeologists should get the same voice over treatment as the Writers works
2. The Empire State Building, Mount Rushmore, St Basils, and the Giant Buddah of Leshan should all be in the game as Built Wonders
3. On Earth setting the seas, oceans and the largest lake should be labeled
4. The Great People should have a little biography about them when you click on them
5. Mount Everest should be a Natural Wonder so should the Grand canyon and the Marianas Trench in the Ocean as well as Victoria Falls
6. All of the National Wonders should have gotten the same voice over and quote as the rest of the Wonders since it is a bit of a pain to make them when you are trying to get as many cities going as possible especially the Circus Maximus
7. Really the resources of Ivory and Whales really should be removed in favor of other kinds of resources given that both are hunted despite many endangered statuses. It feels in poor taste.
8. The brazilwood camps should have been added to the main protion of the game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 18, 2014
- Version: 1.3.7
- Size: 5.08 GB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Aspyr Media (iDP)
- © 1991-2014 Take-Two Interactive Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Gods and Kings$29.99
- Brave New World$29.99
- Civilization and Scenario Pack : Denmark - The Vikings$4.99
- Explorer’s Map Pack$4.99
- Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca$6.99
- Cradle of Civilization Map Pack: Bundle$4.99
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea$4.99
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia$4.99
- Scrambled Continents$4.99
- Scrambled Nations$4.99