By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your iOS device without the need to sync with iTunes.
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
If you encounter a bug or have a feature request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Twitter @DowncastApp. Thanks!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
What's New in Version 2.8.27
• Adds support for additional playback speeds: 2.25x, 2.5x, and 2.75x. The full list of supported speeds is 0.5x, 1.0x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x, 2.75x, and 3x.
• Adds new global & podcast specific setting for configuring the speeds available when cycling playback speeds by tapping the player's speed button.
• Help button on the More tab now shows options for viewing online help, submitting your log file, and updating your crash reporting preferences.
Best Option for Custom Playlist and Volume Control
Downcast really shines when putting together playlists and amping up the volume on quiet podcasts or when ghetto blasting from the tiny speaker on the iPhone.
Because I listen to (too) many podcasts, they tend to stack up until I could listen for two days straight. Downcast helps manage that by keeping one (or more) episodes from each feed and playing the oldest podcasts first (helps less prolific podcasts get a chance to jump the queue). This is simply not possible with other podcast apps on the market.
Simple, effective, love it
The listening experience is better because of Downcast. Settings and controls are easy and intuitive. I love the ability to jump back/ahead buttons are perfect for when you miss something or want to get past something. I especially love playback speed of 1.25 where it doesn't sound too fast but does finish up a few minutes faster. Overall it's a wonderful experience. My only regret is that I did not leave this review sooner.
Clean, simple, elegant design
Works in a way that I find logical. Clean interface. Powerful features. Useful and subtle icons help identify each episode stored. Rarely if ever crashed. Program loading is thoughtful enough not to cancel current audio streams from other apps. App displays available device storage.
Can be slow to load when I have many episodes already loaded. Displays playback controls only on the "Player" screen, rather than displaying miniature controls on every screen.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 29, 2015
- Version: 2.8.27
- Size: 10.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
- © 2014 Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.