By Flightradar24 AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into an air traffic radar and see planes around the world move in real-time on a detailed map. Or point your device at a plane in the sky to find out where it’s going and more. Discover today why millions are already using Flightradar24.
Features that have helped make Flightradar24 the #1 selling app in 60+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (United States, France, United Kingdom, Germany and more) include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky (requires GPS equipped device)
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D (requires iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod Touch 5th gen., and above + iOS 6.0 or higher)
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft today are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This data provides near real-time coverage of all US and Canadian airspace.
***IMPORTANT NOTICE - COVERAGE***
If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check Flightradar24.com BEFORE purchasing the app. Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage.
Overview of coverage as of November 2013:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Brazil, Argentina and Chile
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for the latest on Flightradar24.
HELP & SUPPORT
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
What's New in Version 5.2.2
Improvements and bug fixes to the 'Custom alerts' in-app purchase.
In the recent 5.2 release we completely revised the in-app purchase ‘Arrivals & departures’ (previously ‘Arrivals boards’) by adding departures. Now you can turn your device into the the arrivals and departures board for any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions. You can choose to see the times listed in local airport time, your local time, or UTC.
Other improvements include:
- Pause function and radius control in the augmented reality view
- More intuitive process for creating bookmarks and alerts
- Shortcut back to filters menu when filter is applied
- Flags in airport search
If you like what you see in this release, feel free to go to the App Store and write a review or update an existing one. Reviews of previous app versions are removed with each new release.
As we cannot reply to reviews, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question.
Follow us on Twitter to always get the latest on @flightradar24.
Love the app. Just added the Arrival/Departure add-on. Would be nice to be able to choose the setting for the temperature and wind speed in that function. Just shows centigrade and knots and after searching everywhere I cannot find a way to change it to Fahrenheit and MPH. Please ... let the user choose. Thanks
It's a great app , some times staying outside , when I see planes in the sky I can know from my site where it's going and which radar they use and how feet it's fly and under which company that flight , the type of the plane and more thing .
I wish you use more realistic maps for 3D !!!
Crashes Too Much
Great app but crashes too much and should provide instructions for use. Please repair.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 5.2.2
- Size: 27.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Flightradar24 AB
- © 2013 Flightradar24 AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Arrivals & dep.$1.99
- Aircraft icons$1.99
- Custom alerts$4.99