Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker
By Flightradar24 AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into an air traffic radar and see planes around the world move in real-time on a detailed map. Or point your device at a plane in the sky to find out where it’s going and more. Discover today why millions are already tracking flights with Flightradar24.
Features that have helped make Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker the #1 selling app in 100+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (United States, France, United Kingdom, Germany and more) include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky (requires GPS equipped device)
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D (requires iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod Touch 5th gen., and above + iOS 6.0 or higher)
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft today are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar 24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This data provides near real-time coverage of all US and Canadian airspace.
***IMPORTANT NOTICE - COVERAGE***
If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check Flightradar24.com BEFORE purchasing the app. Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage.
Overview of coverage as of November 2013:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Brazil, Argentina and Chile
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for the latest on Flightradar24.
HELP & SUPPORT
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
What's New in Version 6.2.1
Bug fixes and improvements to:
- Navigation (in regards to map, icon sizes and labels)
- Problems with URL scheme
- Issues with weather in some airports
IMPORTANT - old versions of the app (5.X and earlier) have stopped working. Please update to this new version of the app for Flightradar24 to work.
As we cannot reply to reviews, please contact email@example.com if you have a question.
Follow us on Twitter to always get the latest on @flightradar24.
I think this app is great! Everything seems to work fine. I bought the airplane icon feature. I can point my phone up to passing jets and it identifies them. We heard a loud chopper fly over head at work a couple of days ago and I was able to see what it was as well as speed and altitude.
Not sure what all the bad reviews are for. Maybe there was a bug in the app before I bought it but everything seems to be working fine for me.
Does not work for US flights
I have tried tracking flights for my family from continental US and it shows the flight taking off ok then nothing for the whole flight until landing just before touchdown. Useless for tracking U.S. Flight as I tried many times and many flights and same thing. The flights don't even show up in the listing! I tracked flight from mainland China to Hawaii and no problem. This app cannot track unless the transponder is on for the whole flight it seems. They cannot track for any other means. So I cannot track my families flight from California to Hawaii and tried numerous times in the last year.
Better than agreed!
I am a retired Delta Air Lines Tower/OPS manager and this app works far better than I expected. Due to federal regs, the updates have a 5 or 10 minute lag but if one relies on the ETAs from about 15 minutes out, then the info is spot on. One must also take in consideration taxi and runway crossing times. There is always a possibility of the aircraft waiting for a jetway operator.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 06, 2015
- Version: 6.2.1
- Size: 39.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Flightradar24 AB
- © 2014 Flightradar24 AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Arrivals & dep.$1.99
- Aircraft icons$1.99
- Custom alerts$4.99