Galileo Offline Maps
By Evgen Bodunov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy a detailed and easy-to-use vector map based on OpenStreetMap data:
* download a map for a whole country in one click before you go.
* use the language of labels you want across the map.
* set large fonts for labels on map to make the map easier to read.
No matter where you go, feel safe and confident while traveling with Galileo Offline Maps.
* Record your GPS tracks while moving. This works even when the app is in the background. (Note: continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease your device's battery life).
* Bookmark places on map, name them, and assign an icon.
* Import offline maps in .sqlitedb or .mbtiles formats.
* Select which objects to display on the vector map.
Map data © OpenStreetMap contributors.
What's New in Version 3.1.2
1. No more upside down labels on the map — text is now easy to read.
2. Now you can easily share your geo-data via AirDrop, DropBox, Messages, Mail, Twitter & Facebook, or to any other iOS app that support KML files.
3. HTML links are now clickable in Name & Description fields.
4. Now you can display the bearing line from user’s current location to the selected bookmark.
5. Galileo app no longer provides CloudMade map sources, as CloudMade tile-provider will stop serving the developer program and block anyone who’s not on an enterprise plan starting on May 1st.
6. OpenStreetMap data updated.
7. Polish translation added (thanks to Robert Wróblewski).
===Tips & Tricks===
[#1] To disable the map rotation while zoom in and out using the pinch movement with two fingers:
* Go to the system Settings.
* Scroll down and find the Galileo in the app list.
* Disable the "Allow map rotation" option.
* Relaunch the app.
[#2] To allow the Galileo record the GPS tracks while the app is not open or your device is locked:
* Go to the Settings app on your iOS device.
* Select General > Background App Refresh.
* Turn Background App Refresh option to ON.
* Scroll down and make sure the toggle next to Galileo is also set to ON.
* Relaunch the app.
Excellent maps, spam notifications
This should be a 5 star app but it gets two stars because it gave me a pointless notification asking about where I'd go on my dream vacation.
Why would anybody want that? Don't annoy your users. If I'm not using your app, I don't want to hear from you.
It's a shame because otherwise it's the best offline maps app I've found, but I'm not going to keep apps that go out of their way to bug me to use them.
Internationally recognized borders would be nice...
Very nice app BUT the designer seems to be very biased, pro-russian with some of the maps (see Republic of Georgia map as one example).
A great concept and, as I mentioned earlier, the app is very well designed but politics and nationalism should be kept out of an app used by people living in many different countries.
Does what it declares to do!!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 09, 2014
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 24.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Evgen Bodunov
- © Evgen Bodunov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Offline Maps Import$0.99
- All-in-One Features Pack$5.99
- GPS Track Recording$1.99
- All-in-One Features Pack$4.99
- Customizing Map Features$0.99
- All-in-One Features Pack$3.99