GrabTaxi: Book a Taxi
By MyTeksi Sdn Bhd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The leading taxi-booking app in Southeast Asia that makes it easy to hail a cab with just a few simple taps. The same app can be used in Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Reasons to use GrabTaxi:
• Safe: Licensed drivers and trackable taxi rides. No more touts!
• Certain: Know your estimated metered fare before you book a taxi.
• Fast: Find out your booking status within a minute.
• Get your driver’s details (name, mobile number, vehicle registration number and photo) once your booking is confirmed.
• Book immediately or up to seven (7) days in advance.
• Book a taxi using the same app in 6 countries in Southeast Asia.
How to use:
• Download and activate the app.
• The app auto detects your location and sets it as your Pick-Up.
• Key in your Drop-Off point.
• Select your car type as "Budget", "Standard", "GrabCar" or "GrabBike".
• Hit ‘Next’. Add extra information such as house number in the ‘Notes to driver’ field.
• Get a booking confirmation within a minute. You’ll get the driver’s details soon after.
• Watch as your driver moves towards you. Enjoy your ride!
Note: In certain countries, government-regulated surcharge may be applicable for every successful booking made.
What's New in Version 2.7.0
* Support for cashless payments (coming soon!)
* Bug fixes and UX improvements
Decent but flawed
Generally a good app but there are several areas where it could be improved. First and most important, it sometimes gives up almost immediately in trying to find a taxi, which sort of defeats the purpose of the app. The zoom level of the map when you're waiting for the taxi to arrive at the pickup point needs some refinement to the algorithm, particularly if there is a wide distance between the pickup and drop off points. If you zoom in manually, it zooms back out every time it refreshes the taxi's position. Would be better if it did not override a user's manual zoom. Its method of finding places for you pick as the start and stop points is a bit crude. The names of the locations also get cut off of they're too long to fit on one line, so it can be a bit of trial and error to get the right one. It would helpful if one could simply enter an address directly. I've also noticed that on the taxi driver's display, (sometimes) only the street address shows up, which is not helpful in Singapore. It's also odd when I'm selecting the pickup point by condo name on my end, which means there is a disparity between what the app is showing me and what it's showing the driver. Also needs an update for the iPhone 6 and 6+. That this has been done yet is just silly.
MAJOR flaw in design means it's only "ok"
Good for requests outside of peak hours. Horrible for requests during peak hours.
Please fix the request cycle problem. Why does the app only search for taxis for only about 20 seconds before giving up and then FORCING the user to wait an additional 30 seconds?The app should just keep looking for a taxi until one is found (or the user cancels the request). I have had periods where it took over 35 minutes to find a cab and there I was going through the GrabTaxi cycle game every minute for each of those 35 minutes!!!!!
Fix your app please. It should make my life easier, not even more frustrating.
Very very useful
Before I downloaded this app, it's so hard to grab a taxi.. Always booked/reserved but since I got grab taxi on my phone, I can reach any place easier. Very very recommended!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 10, 2015
- Version: 2.7.0
- Size: 14.2 MB
- Languages: Chinese, En, Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese
- Seller: MYTEKSI SDN BHD
- © 2013 GrabTaxi Pte Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.