Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines, textbooks and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000 books plus hundreds of newspapers and magazines. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Customize your reading experience by choosing margin size, line spacing, background color, font size, font style, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Tap and hold text to quickly highlight important sections, easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages.
• Exclusive to Kindle, X-Ray lets you see the “bones of the book” and learn more about notable characters, places, and phrases with descriptions from Shelfari and Wikipedia. (English Titles Only)
• Collections: Easily categorize books, docs, and magazines with a few, easy taps.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition. You can also use previously purchased Dictionaries, such as medical, legal, or other translation references.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages.
• Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read hundreds of newspapers and magazines including The Economist, Reader’s Digest, Martha Stewart Living, and Food Network Magazine with high resolution color images.
• Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• Use the Notebook in your Print Replica textbooks to review your bookmarks, highlights, notes. Tag and filter the most important items to study.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin. A quick reference to gestures can be found under the FAQ section in settings.
What's New in Version 4.8.1
Performance and Stability Improvements
Like Kindle, but...
Love to be able to get word definitions easily since I feel that I'm increasing my vocabulary, but the definitions are so dim that they're almost impossible to read. I've tried adjusting settings (iPad) but can't seem to fix it. I also find "X-Ray" awkward and not as informatory as I'd like. I usually go to it when I want to refresh my memory about a character and I don't get straightforward info - just places in the book where the character is mentioned or speaks. I love the way this is done in iBooks. It just gives a brief summary of who the character is and how he/she relates to the story. I'm also unhappy withe the fact that I can't but books directly from the site but have to go to Amazon's website to purchase. I know it's the "meanies" at Apple who insisted on this stipulation, but I think it's unsportsmanlike and makes it more difficult for the consumer. Apple has its own good reading app in iBooks, so let Kindle compete on a level playing field.
Love it but could be improved.
I really like this app for it syncs with all my device and all. And the options for size, font, background color are all fantastic.
I feel that it would be even more awesome if options for books like, read unread sorting could be included coz I have so many books and sometimes couldnt remember which ones I have read and which havent. Only after reading few pages I realized that I have read the book. So this option is really helpful for me.
An almost perfect app
I bought my first Kindle very early on. I remember downloading a book while on a city bus and thinking it just couldn't get any better than this. Now with the app on my phone, tablet and laptop, I can read anytime and they sync flawlessly so I can continue reading right from where I left off. The dictionary is a bit weak but I rarely use it anyway. Highly recommend this app to anyone who loves to read.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 15, 2015
- Version: 4.8.1
- Size: 77.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.