By Omer Shoor
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Photogene is the ultimate tool for all your photo editing needs:
- It's a full featured photo editor.
- Powerful collage maker.
- Supports uploading multiple photos.
- Includes tools for editing and exporting metadata and IPTC.
WIRED Magazine: "Photogene has long been one of the better photo-editing apps for the iPad, but a new update — version 2.0 — turns it into arguably the best around."
- With Photogene you can easily browse, improve and export multiple photos.
- Full featured photo editor: crop, straighten, color adjustments (including histogram and curves), sharpen and denoise, retouch tools and more.
- Export or upload several photos at once. Photogene supports a wide selection of export destinations, including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, FTP and e-mail.
- Special effects: center focus, tilt-shift, vignette, frames, reflection, text boxes and much more.
- Presets: large collection of predefined presets. Instantly give your photo a new look and then tweak it yourself.
- Collage maker: combine several photos into one piece of art using a variety of templates.
- Metadata editor: visual display of all the information stored in your photos. Including location on a map, date&time, file size, etc. IPTC editor included.
- Resize your photos as you export them.
- NEW: enhanced RAW support. Photogene can open most RAW files in full-resolution.
Why should I pick Photogene?
- Photogene works directly with your photo library and albums. No need to import your photos.
- The user interface is quick and responsive. Most actions happen in real time.
- The app offers a wide selection of photo editing tools. No gimmicks - they will actually make your photos look better.
- Improving your photos is easy, even if you've never used a photo editor before. If you're a seasoned photographer, you'll find all the professional tools you need.
- Photogene offers a unique photo browser that shows large thumbnails.
- Nondestructive editing. Your edits are saved, but the original photo is always preserved.
- Unlike other apps that export the edited photos in low res, Photogene can open up for editing very large files and supports an export resolution of up to 21 MP.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
- Fixed crash related to saving edited photos to the camera roll on iOS 6.
Considering I can edit RAW photos on my iPad, and use it on the go I find this app very useful. I can take a picture, download it, and do a quick process in minutes. I can share it with friends ASAP, which is useful for me.
Not a replacement for Lightroom, or any other top of the line editing software, but remember this is an on the go software. If your on a trip somewhere, and want to review your RAW photos this is the perfect app. If you want to take some test shots on the go, or if you want to share them quickly, this is the perfect app. If you expect to replace Lightroom, this isn't that.
The reason it didn't get 5 stars...
1) When I save the photo to my camera roll, and upload to Facebook off my iPad the photo is pretty fuzzy. Even when I export it at the max settings.
2). It could get updated a little more. Maybe make the clarity a little stronger, and tweak some effects.
I have tried numerous apps, this one does it all! It has the image editing ability and the ability to edit iptc data & export it. Pro photographers need to ensure the iptc edits are permanent. Many of the other apps only display the changes within the app. To pros, this is more important than image editing.
This app allowed me to eliminate my laptop in the field, awesome support too! If you are serious about photography, get this app!
Excellent app for rapid quality editing
I've used Photogene for several years and haven't found a different one that does more or is easier to use. Since it's been around for so long it has a strong user base with good online support. The effects, touch up and social connectivity cover all I need to do on an iPad. And since I only carry an iPad when I travel, that's saying a lot. iPhoto is fine, but for my money Photogene is the best choice.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 12, 2013
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 23.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Omer Shoor
- © Mobile-Pond
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Collage templates$0.99
- Frames Bundle 1$0.99