By NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE GROOVE SKETCHPAD
iMASCHINE puts professional groove production in the palm of your hand.
"The subway just got way more fun." (GIZMODO)
"A brillliantly designed little app, far more flexible than beatboxes and more than the sketchpad it is billed as. Export to Maschine rounds off the package." (Music Tech, UK)
Create a beat on 16 pads. Add a melody with the keyboard. Spice up your track with a field recording or lay down vocals, and even sample directly from iTunes.
No matter which iOS device you use, iMASCHINE adapts to your screen size – a compact workflow for iPhone and an optimized iPad workflow for two-handed groove production.
- 16 pads for real-time groove production on your iOS device
- Included library features 100 MB of content: 10 projects, 25 kits, and over 400 samples
- Additional ‘Quantum Collection’ sound pack derived from MASCHINE 2 Library adds 20 kits, 10 projects, 15 instruments, and over 400 samples to iMASCHINE’s library (email registration required)
- Sample directly from your iTunes library
- Record your own one-shot samples through the integrated microphone on your iOS device
- Keyboard mode for playing chords, bass, and melodies
- Note repeat with 1/4 note to 1/32 note range for keyboard and drum pad mode
- Audio recorder lets you record vocals, field recordings or any audio from your iOS device’s microphone
- Assign any of the 4 groups to any mode, e.g. for use as a 4-track recorder
- Mixer page with XY performance pads includes two send effects per group: delay, flanger, chorus, and various filters
- Live-mode sequencer automatically detects recorded loop length
- Import your own 44.1 kHz 16-bit .WAV samples via iTunes
- Huge collections of additional drum kits and instrument sounds called iMASCHINE Expansions available through in-app store
- Export your mix as an audio file or directly upload it to SoundCloud
- Export your project (including samples) to MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO
- Universal Binary. Purchase the app and iMASCHINE Expansions once and use them on all devices connected with that iTunes account
Requires iOS 7.0 or higher.
///THE WORLD OF MASCHINE
iMASCHINE is based on MASCHINE – the renowned groove production system from Native Instruments. MASCHINE is available in three different hardware versions: MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. All come with the same cutting-edge software including professional sound library, drum synths and melodic synthesizers, and effects. The software also features a cutting-edge sampler, mixer, clip-based arranger, and visual browser.
MASCHINE STUDIO is the flagship music production system with unprecedented physical control thanks to its generous control layout, jog wheel, and two big high res displays for ultimate visual feedback.
MASCHINE is the classic groove production system with straight forward hardware workflow, 8 display knobs for tweaking instruments and effect parameters plus dedicated groups button to switch sounds fast.
MASCHINE MIKRO has the same high-quality, touch-sensitive pads as MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE in a more compact format. The perfect entry into the world of MASCHINE or a tactile addition to any production or performance setup.
Check out the Native Instruments website for more info, artist and product videos, images, sound examples and more:
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Audiobus integration – chain the sound from iMaschine into apps such as GarageBand
Inter-App Audio integration – stream audio output to other apps. Supports transport control and sync on iPad, supports transport sync on iPhone.
Non-destructive Sample Start/Stop position editing
Improved workflow for Track/Song Import via iTunes
Covers and artist names shown when browsing iTunes songs
Fixes display issues on iPhone 6+ devices
GUI and workflow improvements
///Please also note the new system requirements:
Requires iOS 7.0 or higher
Could be better
I've been using this app the past couple of days because my computer is out of commission at the moment, and I've been dying to work on music. It works well, but I'd really love it if it had a piano roll or something. The quantization is super annoying to use, and if you keep the pad pressed longer it will play that note in time repeatedly. That's pretty cool for kicks and stuff, but for notes and bass lines where I need to snap the notes to, say 1/16th, if I keep the note pressed longer than 1/16th, it'll keep playing it, and that's super annoying. Plus I have to play it a split second before the marks, otherwise it skips the note. I also hate that if I want to record, I have to go through everything, instead of being able to scroll to just the part I want to record. Some more channels would also be awesome. Not a whole bunch of channels, but, come on... 4? It's a pretty solid app, but as a producer, those things really grind my gears. Other than that, it's pretty much the coolest app for bear making I've seen out there.
This is a toy, not a tool
I have used native instruments software for more than 10 years as a professional DJ. I bought this on a whim because it was compatible with audio bus and I figured hey it's made by native instruments so it's going to be good. However, there are few (none?) of the sample editing features that are in the desktop app. Either I am really dumb, or there is no midi support at all. It is impossible to sync this to anything else as far as I can tell. At least it is never mentioned in the documentation. Why even make it audio bus compatible, yo? And the sounds that it comes with, while good, are limited and you will have to spend many times the price of the app in the in app purchases to do anything interesting. This is a toy not a tool. I am disappointed. I would rather have set fire to the money in the street. That would be have been more fun. That being said, props to the UI and design team, they have as usual made something beautiful and usable, if useless. YMMV.
A Work of Art But Not Komplete
This is my first ever review and this is a great app. I can't get over how I can take the power of beatmaking with me anywhere in my pocket. Ideas can happen anyplace at anytime and all I gotta do is sketch out a beat and upload it to Maschine later.
However, I would love if the Maschine hardware came with a serial number to unlock a version of a full Maschine for iOS. If you could register an iPad the same way you can register up to two computers for Maschine, this would be phenomenal. This wouldn't cut into the Maschine sales and might even improve it because you would have to buy the Maschine to get the full Maschine for iOS. I will continue to use this as a sketch pad, but I greatly anticipate a full version for iOS in the near future.
Thank you Native Instruments.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 11, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 195 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Native Instruments GmbH
- © 2014, Native Instruments GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Swagg City$2.99
- Vintage Heat$0.99
- True School$0.99
- Platinum Bounce$0.99
- Transistor Punch$0.99
- Drop Squad$0.99
- Conant Gardens$0.99
- Dark Pressure$0.99
- Raw Works$0.99
- Electric Vice$0.99