By NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE GROOVE SKETCHPAD
iMASCHINE puts professional groove production in the palm of your hand.
"The subway just got way more fun." (GIZMODO)
"A brillliantly designed little app, far more flexible than beatboxes and more than the sketchpad it is billed as. Export to Maschine rounds off the package." (Music Tech, UK)
Create a beat on 16 pads. Add a melody with the keyboard. Spice up your track with a field recording or lay down vocals, and even sample directly from iTunes.
No matter which iOS device you use, iMASCHINE adapts to your screen size – a compact workflow for iPhone and an optimized iPad workflow for two-handed groove production.
- 16 pads for real-time groove production on your iOS device
- Included library features 100 MB of content: 10 projects, 25 kits, and over 400 samples
- Additional ‘Quantum Collection’ sound pack derived from MASCHINE 2 Library adds 20 kits, 10 projects, 15 instruments, and over 400 samples to iMASCHINE’s library (email registration required)
- Sample directly from your iTunes library
- Record your own one-shot samples through the integrated microphone on your iOS device
- Keyboard mode for playing chords, bass, and melodies
- Note repeat with 1/4 note to 1/32 note range for keyboard and drum pad mode
- Audio recorder lets you record vocals, field recordings or any audio from your iOS device’s microphone
- Assign any of the 4 groups to any mode, e.g. for use as a 4-track recorder
- Mixer page with XY performance pads includes two send effects per group: delay, flanger, chorus, and various filters
- Live-mode sequencer automatically detects recorded loop length
- Import your own 44.1 kHz 16-bit .WAV samples via iTunes
- Huge collections of additional drum kits and instrument sounds called iMASCHINE Expansions available through in-app store
- Export your mix as an audio file or directly upload it to SoundCloud
- Export your project (including samples) to MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO
- Universal Binary. Purchase the app and iMASCHINE Expansions once and use them on all devices connected with that iTunes account
Requires iOS 7.0 or higher.
///THE WORLD OF MASCHINE
iMASCHINE is based on MASCHINE – the renowned groove production system from Native Instruments. MASCHINE is available in three different hardware versions: MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. All come with the same cutting-edge software including professional sound library, drum synths and melodic synthesizers, and effects. The software also features a cutting-edge sampler, mixer, clip-based arranger, and visual browser.
MASCHINE STUDIO is the flagship music production system with unprecedented physical control thanks to its generous control layout, jog wheel, and two big high res displays for ultimate visual feedback.
MASCHINE is the classic groove production system with straight forward hardware workflow, 8 display knobs for tweaking instruments and effect parameters plus dedicated groups button to switch sounds fast.
MASCHINE MIKRO has the same high-quality, touch-sensitive pads as MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE in a more compact format. The perfect entry into the world of MASCHINE or a tactile addition to any production or performance setup.
Check out the Native Instruments website for more info, artist and product videos, images, sound examples and more:
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Audiobus integration – chain the sound from iMaschine into apps such as GarageBand
Inter-App Audio integration – stream audio output to other apps. Supports transport control and sync on iPad, supports transport sync on iPhone.
Non-destructive Sample Start/Stop position editing
Improved workflow for Track/Song Import via iTunes
Covers and artist names shown when browsing iTunes songs
Fixes display issues on iPhone 6+ devices
GUI and workflow improvements
///Please also note the new system requirements:
Requires iOS 7.0 or higher
A Work of Art But Not Komplete
This is my first ever review and this is a great app. I can't get over how I can take the power of beatmaking with me anywhere in my pocket. Ideas can happen anyplace at anytime and all I gotta do is sketch out a beat and upload it to Maschine later.
However, I would love if the Maschine hardware came with a serial number to unlock a version of a full Maschine for iOS. If you could register an iPad the same way you can register up to two computers for Maschine, this would be phenomenal. This wouldn't cut into the Maschine sales and might even improve it because you would have to buy the Maschine to get the full Maschine for iOS. I will continue to use this as a sketch pad, but I greatly anticipate a full version for iOS in the near future.
Thank you Native Instruments.
iMaschine Returns From The Dead
This is an app I've been having a love/hate relationship. I loved that NI brought a taste of Maschine to iOS and made it better with an assortment of expansion packs as IAPs to bring new beats to the app. The bad was that it had no way to integrate to other apps.
Now NI really stepped it up with IAA and Audiobus. iMaschine is ready now to become a great asset in anybody's iOS studio on a tablet.
NI, now that we know that you do hear our requests I have a couple for you. First, can we get the ability to drop files in using audio copy/paste? That will make your app free from connection to a PC to load files. My second request is that you build in the ability to make files conform to your wav file specs. For example, I want to drop a couple of files that are 24-bit 96K and I don't want to go to a separate app to convert them to 16-bit 44K. I think you should have folks that can add that to the app. Those requests would make this app even better.
Thank you NI for listening to your customers.
long time app user LOVE it but...
sound latency with note repeat on multiple pads!?
long time user since first release I still keep 1.0.4 on my old ipod touch ! only thing i own a idevice is for imaschine. i just got the ipad version i noticing major lag delay problems with the padds and note repeat mainley when hitting multiple pads at once. trying to lay down a kick/hat/snare seems to have some major lag to it please fix, is this fixable for ipad? or is that the problem? maybe ill stick to the phone version. still amazing app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 11, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 195 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Native Instruments GmbH
- © 2014, Native Instruments GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Swagg City$2.99
- Vintage Heat$0.99
- True School$0.99
- Platinum Bounce$0.99
- Transistor Punch$0.99
- Drop Squad$0.99
- Dark Pressure$0.99
- Conant Gardens$0.99
- Raw Works$0.99
- Electric Vice$0.99