MiniKeePass — Secure Password Manager
By Flush Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MiniKeePass provides secure password storage on your iOS device that's compatible with KeePass.
- View, Edit, and Create KeePass 1.x and 2.x files
- Search for entries from the top of tables like in Mail
- Key File Support
- Import/Export files to and from Dropbox using the official Dropbox app or any other cloud storage application
- Copy password entries to the clipboard for easy entry
- Open websites in Safari while MiniKeePass runs in the background
- Prevent unauthorized access to MiniKeePass with a PIN or using Touch ID
- Remember database passwords in the device's secure keychain
- Optionally clear the clipboard after set time on devices that support background tasks
- Generate new passwords
- Integrated web browser with username/password auto-type
MiniKeePass's source code is available for security audit or contribution on GitHub.
What's New in Version 1.6.3
Bug Fixes and Translations
Display Issues with Latest Update
I rely on this app with several KeePass databases and key files. It has always worked well. However, the latest update came with some serious display issues on the iPad. There appears to be additional white space on the left and right sides of the display, and the field names are misaligned with the values. So, the username/password values are on top or to the left of their labels. Everything still seems to function okay, but it's very hard to read and use. It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm in portrait or landscape mode. On my iPhone everything works find both in portrait and landscape mode, so this appears to be iPad-specific.
I don't get the reviews
The people complaining about the lack of cloud storage sync obviously didn't read the help info. I synced my database fine from onedrive. You just open your cloud storage app and choose open in another app to view the app chooser. Just pick Copy To MiniKeepass and boom you're done. Just take a minute and read the help, it's a lot quicker than writing a negative review.
Works better on iPad than iPhone
The app works well and let's my wife and I share a single password database, but I can't export from our iPhones. Both of them give an error "no applications installed capable of supporting KeePass files." (Closed app, rebooted phones, still same error) The same icon allows me to share the database from my iPad.
This is a major flaw and the reason the app only gets two stars. If my wife can make changes to her database, but can't share them, she won't bother. If this gets fixed, I believe this is a solid 4 star app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 26, 2016
- Version: 1.6.3
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Flush Software, LLC
- © 2016 Flush Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.